News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Dual Sporting @ The 2009 Spring Boone Rally

Started by Smola67, February 10, 2009, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smola67

So this year I am bringing both bikes and wanted to find out who else would be doing the same. I propose Thursday as our dual sport day. Please post up if you have any other ideas on which day we should ride.

My trip Idea includes a round trip from Boone to Brown Mountain which is located just outside of Lenoir NC and back to Boone. Trying to stay on dirt roads as much as possible. Brown Mountain is part of the Pisgah National Forest and is one of my favorite places to ride. It offers easy to very technical routes and only costs $5 for a day pass which must be purchased that riding day at a local gas station.

Here is a link:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/viewarea.php?t=504753

You can also get an idea of what the trails are like on youtube

Thanks all and cant wait for Boone.

Jim Smola

ddlewis

sounds great!  if we can get enough interest, I'll do it. 

Looks like 25 miles or more down there.. I'd say let's cram as many bikes into as few trailers as possible and pull them down from Boone.  Nice to carry tools and stuff.  And if we break one nobody gets stranded.

Nobby

Jim,
are the trails too much for my FAT arsed BMWer??  I could put D\S tires on it??

Let me know what you "tink"

Tanks,
Nobby

mst3kguy

i don't have anything to post here, i just wanted to continue the theme of avatars of people who look like idiots.  ( :
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Yamifj1200

Quote from: mst3kguy on February 11, 2009, 04:20:16 PM
i don't have anything to post here, i just wanted to continue the theme of avatars of people who look like idiots.  ( :

Dean are ya sure you needed that pic to prove that????? sorry bro I had to... dont hate
ROFLMAO

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

Marsh White

Oh, OH!  Can I play in that game too!   ;)

Smola67

Quote from: ddlewis on February 11, 2009, 11:35:11 AM
sounds great!  if we can get enough interest, I'll do it. 

Looks like 25 miles or more down there.. I'd say let's cram as many bikes into as few trailers as possible and pull them down from Boone.  Nice to carry tools and stuff.  And if we break one nobody gets stranded.

We can do that but I have been prepping my bike for a long dual sport trip and I am psyched to do it on Two OO Wheels. It would be very cool if Someone wanted to tow down and the few of us that wanted to ride would have a support vehicle to back us up if needed. Just an idea. So if someone wants to bring a full on trail or track bike Pisgah is waiting on you.  ;D

the fan

Quote from: Marsh White on February 11, 2009, 05:03:23 PM

Oh, OH!  Can I play in that game too!   ;)

Me too me too

I will most likely be a no show at the spring rally, but what about the east coast Pig roast, dirty bike, Tobacco, FJ, and Gun fest?

Smola67

[/quote]

Me too me too

I will most likely be a no show at the spring rally, but what about the east coast Pig roast, dirty bike, Tobacco, FJ, and Gun fest?
[/quote]

Well ill be bring all my toys to the fall rally as well. All I need now is to build a smoker and we could all pitch in on some Boston butts and Eric could Cook them all day since he wants too.  ;) Everyone who are interested in BBQ could bring their favorite sauce and share. I have a welder, small trailer, so all I need is a 50 gallon drum and some propane plumbing. I think that would be big enough for 6-8 butts. Buns, cole slaw, baked beans, beer and we are in business. oh if someone has some good smoking wood you could bring that as well.

Rally Food. Yum

Yamifj1200

Quote from: Smola67 on February 11, 2009, 06:46:23 PM

Me too me too

[/quote]

Well ill be bring all my toys to the fall rally as well. All I need now is to build a smoker and we could all pitch in on some Boston butts and Eric could Cook them all day since he wants too.  ;) Everyone who are interested in BBQ could bring their favorite sauce and share. I have a welder, small trailer, so all I need is a 50 gallon drum and some propane plumbing. I think that would be big enough for 6-8 butts. Buns, cole slaw, baked beans, beer and we are in business. oh if someone has some good smoking wood you could bring that as well.

Rally Food. Yum

[/quote]

Apple wood adds a nice flavor when smoking pork butts........

Eric M

racerman_27410

mmmmmmm fooooooooood!

i'm in for the off road fun and for a big homecooked dinner afterwards

Kookaloo!

Frank

racerman_27410

Quote from: Yamifj1200 on February 11, 2009, 06:52:53 PM

Rally Food. Yum

Apple wood adds a nice flavor when smoking pork butts........

Eric M
[/quote]

i like hickory smoke flavor too

KOokaloo!

Frank

Yamifj1200

Me too me too

[/quote]

Rally Food. Yum

[/quote]

NO gas...... we need hickory wood to cook!!!!!!

Eric M

Smola67

Great Frank!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

And that wood sounds great Eric.

Yamifj1200

Quote from: Smola67 on February 11, 2009, 06:57:30 PM
Great Frank!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

And that wood sounds great Eric.

Jim, Im sure we can get a 55 gal. barrel you gona bring the welder to Boone?? if so we can make up a cooker with the barrel and some 2x2 angle for a frame we also will need something to use as a grate bring a saw and we can make it up friday evening.....

Eric M