News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Dual Sporting @ The 2009 Spring Boone Rally

Started by Smola67, February 10, 2009, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the fan

Quote from: mst3kguy on February 13, 2009, 05:32:23 AM
thanks bill.  let me know how i can help.  whereas if it were my bike, my guess is we'd make arrangements when we could meet up to get it ready.  since it's your bike, i'm guessing you'd like to make plans how to keep me away from wrenching on it.  ( :  so if you need any pizza delivery or coffee runs, let me know?

Quote from: the fan on February 12, 2009, 10:30:06 PM
If you are tyrailering down you are more than welcome to my YZ Dean. Definately not street legal, but more than dirt worthy.

Its just the motivation I need to put it together.

Truth is I am waiting on 1 Part that Jon Cain is modding for me. (he said Hi BTW)

Smola67

I am currently working on the XR and she is in many parts at the moment. Fork oil change, balancing wheels, carb cleaning jetting and float calibration, new bash plate, fuel line and fuel filter, new grips, changing gearing to 14-45, porting exhaust header, and last but not least putting in a 440 kit with new valve seals. The later part is finished with kelly's help. I rode her a few short times with the big bore( what a blast ) but wanted to tear her down and get ready for the riding season. I will get some pics up when I have her back together.

mst3kguy

did you tell him to get his ass out of the howard hughes cave and start being sociable again?

Quote from: the fan on February 13, 2009, 12:36:48 PM

Truth is I am waiting on 1 Part that Jon Cain is modding for me. (he said Hi BTW)
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

the fan

Not until after he finishes my stuff ::)

Are you going to be home tomorrow? I wouldnt mind stopping by and doing some measurements on the FJR bars, I might have a solution.

mst3kguy

yep, i'll be up on my neighbor's roof trying to adjust her satellite dish.  do you know basic first aid including splinting techniques out of curiosity?

Quote from: the fan on February 13, 2009, 06:32:24 PM
Not until after he finishes my stuff ::)

Are you going to be home tomorrow? I wouldnt mind stopping by and doing some measurements on the FJR bars, I might have a solution.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

the fan

You met my dad right....

"Come here boy and try this out"

yamispop

I have a great wood lighter to start the BBQ with,dragon starter
                                          Calvin

Mikey

I'm IN.   The KTM is a 2 smoke so not street legal, but if we can trailer to the location I';d be all set. ;D

:P Wooo Hooo :P
>>> Mike L.

rktmanfj

You guys are going to cause me to trailer down to Boone (again), aren't you?    ;D

Randy T
Indy

Smola67

Well I happened upon some steel for the smoker frame. I am thinking of building it on one of those hitch cargo carriers. That way it can be bolted and unbolted for use and I can mount it to the rear of my motorcycle trailer. Now to keep an eye out for a barrel and a very large grate. If anyone has some good build plans please let me know and I will get started.

rlucas

Quote from: Smola67 on February 24, 2009, 06:28:18 PM
Well I happened upon some steel for the smoker frame. I am thinking of building it on one of those hitch cargo carriers. That way it can be bolted and unbolted for use and I can mount it to the rear of my motorcycle trailer. Now to keep an eye out for a barrel and a very large grate. If anyone has some good build plans please let me know and I will get started.

Hell, Jim, fire it up before you leave and the porky goodness is done upon arrival.

No snacking on the way there.

Rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

rktmanfj

Is this gonna be a go for ECSR 2010?

Randy T
Indy

racerman_27410

zero26tb4u

Quote from: rktmanfj on March 03, 2010, 08:45:06 AM
Is this gonna be a go for ECSR 2010?

Randy T
Indy

Randy, I don't know if your talking about the grill or the off roadin or both but I'm bringing the CR250 along again, just because I didn't beat myself up enough last time. Staying off the cuervo the night before though, well probably not completely but enough so that I can smell something other than cuervo for the first two hours of riding.