It's not the float/needle - but gas is still leaking from hose. HELP

Started by aslovik, August 19, 2013, 10:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aslovik

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 29, 2013, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: aslovik on August 28, 2013, 04:12:26 PM
Randy - How likely is it, do you think, that I tore them when putting in the needle seats not having oiled them? The thing is, when I first ordered two needles from you, I also got (thank you, thank you) 4 complimentary o-rings. I ordered another two needles just to be safe but this time - no o-rings. My question is this: should I pull the needle seats out and replace the o-rings?

Adam

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. It would be wise to pull them and inspect to see if they have any damage or tears, that is what I would do. I though I would be kind and include as you put it a set of "complimentary" needle seat o-rings on the first order.

You then said;
Quote from: aslovik on August 26, 2013, 12:30:45 PM
Then, I replaced the o-rings, and didn't oil them so might have damaged them - because it still spews gas!

So, plan is to re-replace the o-rings, two new needles for the ones that appear fine but what the heck. And pray a lot.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Adam

So, then I recommended the S/S carb & o-ring kit as it would supply you with all of the o-rings for the carbs as well as the replacement screws in S/S allen head bolts.

But the order came in for just two more needles...

Randy - RPM

You've been *more* than helpful and generous. Didn't mean to imply anything else. It is just that if I didn't tear the o-rings putting them in, I didn't want to now tear them taking them out...

Thanks again

Adam

aslovik

IT RUNS! Free at last, free at last; thank god I'm free at last!

Thank you all for all your help, advice, and patience.

(Now I just have to figure out why the rear brake doesn't work at all - maybe need to bleed the brakes?)

Yipeeee!!!!  :dance2:

:good2:

FJmonkey

Quote from: aslovik on August 29, 2013, 08:07:17 PM
IT RUNS! Free at last, free at last; thank god I'm free at last!

Thank you all for all your help, advice, and patience.

(Now I just have to figure out why the rear brake doesn't work at all - maybe need to bleed the brakes?)

Yipeeee!!!!  :dance2:

:good2:

The rear brake is way over rated.... 20% of braking at best... Are you racing???
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerrad8

Quote from: aslovik on August 29, 2013, 08:05:14 PM
You've been *more* than helpful and generous. Didn't mean to imply anything else. It is just that if I didn't tear the o-rings putting them in, I didn't want to now tear them taking them out...

Thanks again

Adam

No implication taken by me, I am glad it all worked out.

Did you check them or take the chance?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Flynt

Quote from: FJmonkey on August 29, 2013, 08:12:31 PM
The rear brake is way over rated.... 20% of braking at best...

how about just holding the bike at a stop...  fix the brake.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Fourex

Yeah,  A little rear brake will stop Wheelspin out of the corners. . .Cheers Fourex.