News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

It's not the float/needle - but gas is still leaking from hose. HELP

Started by aslovik, August 19, 2013, 10:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aslovik

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 29, 2013, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: aslovik on August 28, 2013, 04:12:26 PM
Randy - How likely is it, do you think, that I tore them when putting in the needle seats not having oiled them? The thing is, when I first ordered two needles from you, I also got (thank you, thank you) 4 complimentary o-rings. I ordered another two needles just to be safe but this time - no o-rings. My question is this: should I pull the needle seats out and replace the o-rings?

Adam

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. It would be wise to pull them and inspect to see if they have any damage or tears, that is what I would do. I though I would be kind and include as you put it a set of "complimentary" needle seat o-rings on the first order.

You then said;
Quote from: aslovik on August 26, 2013, 12:30:45 PM
Then, I replaced the o-rings, and didn't oil them so might have damaged them - because it still spews gas!

So, plan is to re-replace the o-rings, two new needles for the ones that appear fine but what the heck. And pray a lot.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Adam

So, then I recommended the S/S carb & o-ring kit as it would supply you with all of the o-rings for the carbs as well as the replacement screws in S/S allen head bolts.

But the order came in for just two more needles...

Randy - RPM

You've been *more* than helpful and generous. Didn't mean to imply anything else. It is just that if I didn't tear the o-rings putting them in, I didn't want to now tear them taking them out...

Thanks again

Adam

aslovik

IT RUNS! Free at last, free at last; thank god I'm free at last!

Thank you all for all your help, advice, and patience.

(Now I just have to figure out why the rear brake doesn't work at all - maybe need to bleed the brakes?)

Yipeeee!!!!  :dance2:

:good2:

FJmonkey

Quote from: aslovik on August 29, 2013, 08:07:17 PM
IT RUNS! Free at last, free at last; thank god I'm free at last!

Thank you all for all your help, advice, and patience.

(Now I just have to figure out why the rear brake doesn't work at all - maybe need to bleed the brakes?)

Yipeeee!!!!  :dance2:

:good2:

The rear brake is way over rated.... 20% of braking at best... Are you racing???
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerrad8

Quote from: aslovik on August 29, 2013, 08:05:14 PM
You've been *more* than helpful and generous. Didn't mean to imply anything else. It is just that if I didn't tear the o-rings putting them in, I didn't want to now tear them taking them out...

Thanks again

Adam

No implication taken by me, I am glad it all worked out.

Did you check them or take the chance?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Flynt

Quote from: FJmonkey on August 29, 2013, 08:12:31 PM
The rear brake is way over rated.... 20% of braking at best...

how about just holding the bike at a stop...  fix the brake.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Fourex

Yeah,  A little rear brake will stop Wheelspin out of the corners. . .Cheers Fourex.