News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Yoshimura Canisters

Started by motohorseman, December 03, 2011, 07:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motohorseman

Hopefully, if FedEx comes throught, a set of Yoshimura slip-on's for the FJ will arrive today.

Looked good on eBay, minor scratches and a small ding, worst case, Yoshi is good about replacement parts, probably want to re-pack them anyway.

I'm thinking about re-jetting as the Kerker slip-ons I am currently using have a small core "restrictor" of sorts - we'll see!

Anyone have any experience with jetting and the Yoshi slip-on's?

Also think that if I do re-jet, that I'll break down and do the spin on filter conversion......
Steve

motohorseman

Fed-Ex arrived, canisters look better than advertised.

Also appear to have reducers installed so I'm confident the current jetting will be fine.

Just have to make some FJ time now.....
Steve

motohorseman

Made a little time and the Kerker's are on like tight, tough to get the left side off.

Test fit the Yoshi and it seems too short by only centimeters.

The Kerker is bolted to where the stock exhaust bracket would go, this Yosh want to bolt up at the passenger peg -

Let me see if I can get a few pictures.

I've got a couple of ideas, not giving up easily.
Steve

motohorseman

Fitted to the bike but not bolted on in any way -

Here the bracket welded on the cans appears to fit the passenger peg hole, not the rubber isolated mounting point the Kerkers bolt to.

And it only fits a very small amount on the collector when the mount is aligned as shown -

I'm open to your thoughts and ideas.

A couple come to mind, trying to adapt them being one, selling them being another  :wacko2:

Steve

craigo

Does the new Yosh slip on the collector all the way?  If so, might want to modify the mounting bracket by the pegs. Maybe weld an extension to the tab?  :pardon:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

motohorseman

Installed all the way on the collector -

Here is where where the bracket is -

And that is the footpeg bolt, the rubber isolated mount is further back......

CraigO, thanks for the input!

Steve

motohorseman

Couple more of the bracket fitment -

:negative:
Steve

motohorseman

Ah -

Thamikeholzer/2011-01%20Bike%20Parts/Silencer.jpg
Steve

motohorseman

Steve

moparman70

my yosh's are mounted to the rubber mount hole but using a wrap style chrome bracket around the muffler itself.   The canister is more forward than the pics you have -- about 3 inches more forward so the clamp bracket is around the canister ( some exhaust cloth material in between the canister and clamp) and then a chrome bolt through the rubber mount.

stevecc

56 CHEVY

The Yoshimura slip-ons on my 86 bolted right up to the rubber mount hole. I will try and get some pics tonight when I get home and post them if it will help you out.

Dan

craigo

Quote from: moparman70 on December 04, 2011, 03:39:54 PM
my yosh's are mounted to the rubber mount hole but using a wrap style chrome bracket around the muffler itself.   The canister is more forward than the pics you have -- about 3 inches more forward so the clamp bracket is around the canister ( some exhaust cloth material in between the canister and clamp) and then a chrome bolt through the rubber mount.

stevecc

+1 on this mod. I have seen this set up on Steve's bike and looks real professional.

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

candieandy

LoL i was watching those cans on Ebay and almost bid on them. lucky for me i didn't. They look great let me know how they sound.  i picked up a fully stainless D&D 4-2-1 exhaust this weekend, but want to go back to dual exhaust this year.
HAUI

moparman70

here a pic of my set up -- came with the bike so I dont know much about how it all got this way

motohorseman

The seller is taking them back (I pay shipping both ways, no issue on my part) so off they go -

It was worth a try, I sure like Yoshimura stuff!
Steve