News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Question with replacing clutch hose

Started by caverman, May 02, 2023, 03:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caverman

I'm having an issue with my clutch. Bike isn't going into neutral all of sudden. Newly rebuilt clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and I see no leaks anywhere. So, now I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace my clutch hose. If I replace my clutch hose, can I access what I need by just taking off the gas tank or will I need to remove the front fairing as well? Tried looking for some DIY but not really finding anything.
1991 FJ1200
1986 Fazer

RPM - Robert

Tank off but the fairing can stay on. You will have access to everything there.

caverman

Cool. Thanks. From what I could see it looked like just the tank would be all that is needed but just wanted to confirm.
1991 FJ1200
1986 Fazer

Old Rider

You can also just test to set the bike on centerstand turn handlebarr to the right and tie the clutch lever into the handlebar an let it sit overnight.
You dont need to have the lever all the way into handlebar just 1-2 cm.This will make the system self bleed and all air come out.No need to take off the reservoir lid either.

caverman

Quote from: Old Rider on May 02, 2023, 03:49:25 PM
You can also just test to set the bike on centerstand turn handlebarr to the right and tie the clutch lever into the handlebar an let it sit overnight.
You dont need to have the lever all the way into handlebar just 1-2 cm.This will make the system self bleed and all air come out.No need to take off the reservoir lid either.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try as well. Literally just got the center stand put on last night.
1991 FJ1200
1986 Fazer

racerrad8

Randy - RPM