News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Joe Yatras 06/26/14 (Wog57)

Started by Muskrat, June 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskrat

R.I.P. Joe Yatras 06/26/14 (wog57)

wog57 bit the bitumen He's gone.

G'day all.
It is with sadness that I joined this forum just to pass on the news. Joe had an accident on the FJ last Sunday and was taken to Canberra Hospital. He passed away on Thursday morning.
Joe was a much loved character and a good friend to me and the SCMC.
RIP Joe.

Harvy

Quote from: Muskrat on June 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM
G'day all.
It is with sadness that I joined this forum just to pass on the news. Joe had an accident on the FJ last Sunday and was taken to Canberra Hospital. He passed away on Thursday morning.
RIP Joe.

This is very sad news. Joe was a valued member here and a good friend to those of us who met him through our rally over the past years. RIP the saviour of wallets.

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

FJmonkey

Sad news, prayers to his friends and family.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

The General

Quote from: Harvy on June 26, 2014, 03:07:13 PM
Quote from: Muskrat on June 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM
G'day all.
RIP Joe.

This is very sad news. Joe was a valued member here and a good friend to those of us who met him through our rally over the past years. RIP the saviour of wallets.

Harvy
Oh No!! ....I can`t believe it!...Such a great bloke!
I spent some time with Joe and his disabled Son at Nowra. (Sth Coast NSW).
Joe was totally dedicated to caring for those less fortunate throughout his community.....It`s because of Joe`s caring reputation, not any commercial interest, that he secured our major prize of a complete Motorcycle service kit for our last two Aussie Rallys.

I`m shattered. .... Rest in peace Joe, knowing you made a difference to so many lives you touched.
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

ken65

Steve_in_Florida

Very sorry to read this. My condolences to family and friends.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

roverfj1200

No........ Such very sad news..... The time I spent talking and riding with you Joe will stay in my memory always.

May the sun be to your back and the roads a joy now that you are free.

Cheers Mate.
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

megsy

JJJeeeezzz wasn't expecting that news, I had to post the loss of a Mate on the Vintage Japanese web site, he was also a character similar to Joe, :cray:

Will miss him at the rallies, which gives me the idea for a name for our next rally.

The 2015 FJ owners  WOG57 Rally, in memory of Joe.
k10p 80 1968 Suzuki
YL2 100 1967 Yamaha
XL100 1972 Honda
XL250s 1979 Honda
XL500s 1979 Honda
DR600 1984 Suzuki
RD250 1975 Yamaha
FJ1100 1984
FJ1100 1984
FJ1200 1985
FJ1200 1986
FJ1200 1989
FJ1200 1992
FJR1300 2002
FJR1300 2003
GPZ1000rx 1986 kawasaki
Z1300 1979 Kawasaki.
plus +++

roverfj1200

Quote from: megsy on June 26, 2014, 05:05:43 PM

The 2015 FJ owners  WOG57 Rally, in memory of Joe.

I feel the same and so do others......So it shall be....
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

The General

I spoke to Gaynor (Joe`s wife) and she is absolutely delighted and moved, following the news of naming the 2015 Rally in his memory. She even mentioned that he also loved being called "Wog" and told me some stories to reinforce the character we know.

Joe use to own a large Glazier business in Wollongong and decided to move to Nowra to assist Dillon with his Asthma. Joe had a bike accident some years ago that affected his physical ability to run the business, so he had to close it down. Doctors recommended he take up a hobby, so Joe followed orders and took up more motorcycling to keep him occupied.

I passed on condolences from our group, also to his daughter Elizabeth, & sons Dillon & Etham.

Funeral date to be confirmed.
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

stua1959

So sorry to hear this. I am not sure if I met Joe at the rally or even if he was there but it sounds like he was much loved by everyone

Fj.itis

I didn't know him but RIP fellow aussie fj rider.

Arnie

What a terrible loss. :-(    Joe was a great guy.

I met up and had a ride with Pete and Pete earlier this week
and had expected Joe to be riding with them on their trip.

I'll miss him and his eagle eyes.

Arnie

baldy3853

Just had a call from Xray to tell me the news, very sad news, to all who met Joe loved his quirkiness quick witted humour delivered so dryly will be greatly missed :-(
Baldy

Capn Ron

This is always so hard to hear...My condolences to his friends and family...he was clearly loved and will be missed.

Does anyone have a picture of Joe they could post? 
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.