News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Joe Yatras 06/26/14 (Wog57)

Started by Muskrat, June 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskrat

Joe always wanted to go the long way.

The General

Quote from: Capn Ron on June 27, 2014, 12:35:12 AM
This is always so hard to hear...My condolences to his friends and family...he was clearly loved and will be missed.
Does anyone have a picture of Joe they could post? 
Joe & Dillon @ their favourite Bike Shop in Nowra.

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

aussiefj

It's always hard to hear of a biker going down, even worse when it's so close to home, condolences to all his family and friends.
"It's a fine, fine line between pleasure and pain" - the late great Chrissy Amphlett & Divinyls. Never truer than when you're pushing hard on the bike. A good song to keep in the back of your mind.

oldktmdude

What shocking news this is! Only last week, I'd sent an email to Joe, to invite him on an annual ride that we do. I hadn't received a rely, which I thought at the time very unusual, as Joe was always one of the first to do so. He was always very keen to participate in any ride we invited him on and was a great bloke to have along with us. Joe and I had spent many miles on the road together and he will be greatly missed by me and all the others that had the privilege of spending time with him. His devotion to caring for his disabled son touched me deeply. He often told me how he looked forward to the day that they could ride bikes together, so I sincerely hope that they got that opportunity.
   Naming next years FJ Rally in his honour is a great tribute to a man who loved his FJ and attending rallies and rides on it. He is a character and true friend that I will never forget. Rest in Peace Joe. Lots of memories and regards, your old riding buddy, Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

X-Ray

I still have a bit of a "jolt" moment as I have all day after being told about this, still can't get my head around this happening. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more at Jindabyne Joe........

I was talking to Stu today, discussing his near miss and now this, plus whats happened recently to Randys own, and others, its all extremely depressing.
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Wonderful Memories http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=7648.msg82810#msg82810

More Pics:-
Joe & Arnie on the way to Bellingen 2013

Joe & Tony Jindabyne 2014

mr blackstock

It is very sad to hear another motorcyclist is no longer with us, I hope his family are managing as best that can be expected with such sad news.  Everyone take it easy out there, especially with the wet roads and high winds.

Gareth
Squeaky wheels always get the grease...

Yamaha FJ1100 1985

Tony Mac

Quote from: Muskrat on June 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM
G'day all.
It is with sadness that I joined this forum just to pass on the news. Joe had an accident on the FJ last Sunday and was taken to Canberra Hospital. He passed away on Thursday morning.
Joe was a much loved character and a good friend to me and the SCMC.
RIP Joe.
I met Joe at the 2014 Rally, so only knew him a short time. I am shocked to hear this sad news as I found him to a genuine good bloke.
To Joe's Wife and Family, I am truely sorry for your loss.To My FJ Mates, I'm sorry that we have lost a great friend and fellow rider.
R.I.P. Joe.
'92 FJ1200
'80 Suzuki GSX 750ET Shirley (Gone to god )
'04 Yamaha XVS1100A Tom (Sold)

X-Ray

My dear wife has found a short article in the Canberra Times, pretty sure this is referring to Joe. Still doesn't seem real that we are talking about Joe as being gone, he should still be here with us and at next years rally.  :sorry:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/man-dies-in-hospital-after-motorbike-crash-in-gundaroo-20140626-zsnhb.html
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Quote from: X-Ray on June 27, 2014, 10:09:39 PM
My dear wife has found a short article in the Canberra Times, pretty sure this is referring to Joe. Still doesn't seem real that we are talking about Joe as being gone, he should still be here with us and at next years rally.  :sorry:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/man-dies-in-hospital-after-motorbike-crash-in-gundaroo-20140626-zsnhb.html
On a road least travelled, the long way around....The way ta go.

1tinindian

I'd like to extend my sorrow and sadness to all that knew Joe personally, as well as his family.
He was far to young to pass on.
God Speed Joe!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Chromaxe

As with everyone, I'm sad to hear of Joe's passing. Our thoughts too are for his family.
Glen M.
'89 3CV "Shinier Black"
'88 3CV "Shiny Black" - getting parted out...

Melbourne, Australia

"Once a year with this crowd isn't enough, but its perfect."

big r

It's a sad day when we lose a FJ rider. Sounds like he was a special man. God speed. Big R

CanDman

Noooooooo  :cray:  :cray: Not Joe !!! Noooooooooo ...... :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: Man.....I .......can't believe it........... One of the few people you meet in life and love right away.....a genuine man who made you feel like you were his friend  from the second you met. I will miss you my brother.....man....I can't fight these tears....I'm at a loss for words.....I can't believe it.........

"Say it's alright Joe"-Genesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osqpoDyu7A4&feature=player_embedded

God Bless you Joe......we'll meet again some day I am sure !!!  :cray:
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

CanDman

Quote from: CanDman on June 28, 2014, 10:15:18 AM
Noooooooo  :cray:  :cray: Not Joe !!! Noooooooooo ...... :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: Man.....I .......can't believe it........... One of the few people you meet in life and love right away.....a genuine man who made you feel like you were his friend  from the second you met. I will miss you my brother.....man....I can't fight these tears....I'm at a loss for words.....I can't believe it.........

"Say it's alright Joe"-Genesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osqpoDyu7A4&feature=player_embedded

God Bless you Joe......we'll meet again some day I am sure !!!  :cray:

Say it's alright Joe,
I need another drink
To blow on the glass so I know I'm alive

Play me a song Joe
To fill the hours till morning
Then never again will I bother you
Ooh, build myself a tower
No way in no way out.
Then my friends can visit me
Once in a while.

Say it's alright Joe.
I need some reassurance
You never know what you might find in the night.
Ooh I'm just a busy bee, still alone in my hive,
I'm looking for some other world
To dream out my dreams.

There were kings who were laughing in the rain
And they told me I'd come here to lead the parade
All the colors were changing, the sky was in ruins
The lights are all shining on me and on you
Shine on

Say it's alright Joe
The night will soon be over
And nothing and no one will ever know.
Open my eyes Joe
I'd like to see the daylight
The clock on the wall says it's time to leave.
Never seen the same face twice
Never walked the same way
The little love that I have known
I keep to myself.

If there's a fire it's asleep in my bed
I must leave it to burn until it burns itself out
Catch as you can I'm not staying here long
I'll be coming back early or never at all
Shine on
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make