News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

East Coast Fall Rally 2014

Started by Motofun, January 04, 2014, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktmanfj

Quote from: Dan Filetti on January 13, 2014, 07:00:34 PM
Quote from: not a lib on January 13, 2014, 03:43:32 PM
Quote from: Dan Filetti on January 13, 2014, 08:12:35 AM

Come, the more the merrier, I say.  For me, this is the rally I'll attend from here forward.

Dan

Aw, c'mon man... just because you got a few minutes of sprinkles in Boone one day?   :bomb:

I've been to two ECSR's and been rained on prodigiously, both times.  If I were trying for rain, I'd be batting 1000.   Maybe it's me, so if I stay away, it may not rain.  I'll test that theory.  

Truth be told, this spring, in lieu of a motorcycle adventure, I will be spending a week+ island hoping on a private yacht near Guadalupe, and can't make the ECSR, even if I wanted to...  Eat your hearts out!

Dan

I suppose if you can't make to Boone, that'd be okay.    :boredom:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

Flynt

I've been to two ECSR's and been rained on prodigiously, both times.  
pro·di·gious
prəˈdijəs/Submit

adjective

1.remarkably or impressively great in extent, size, or degree.
synonyms:   enormous, huge, colossal, immense, vast, great, massive, gigantic, mammoth, tremendous, inordinate, monumental; More

Now that's a lot of rain!!  Bonus point for use of the modifier -ly   :music:

Frank

(translation - cool post Dan)
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

rktmanfj

Quote from: Flynt on January 13, 2014, 09:02:58 PM
pro·di·gious
prəˈdijəs/Submit

adjective

synonyms:   enormous, huge, colossal, immense, vast, great, massive, gigantic, mammoth, tremendous, inordinate, monumental; More

Now that's a lot of rain!!  Bonus point for use of the modifier -ly   :music:

Frank

I think all of us who observed Dan's contingent departing Boone (while we were being served a big family-style breakfast in the warmth and comfort of the Daniel Boone Inn) would fully agree with Dan's description.   :biggrin:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

ddlewis

Quote from: not a lib on January 13, 2014, 09:10:28 PM
Quote from: Flynt on January 13, 2014, 09:02:58 PM
pro·di·gious
prəˈdijəs/Submit

adjective

Now that's a lot of rain!!  Bonus point for use of the modifier -ly   :music:

Frank

I think all of us who observed Dan's contingent departing Boone (while we were being served a big family-style breakfast in the warmth and comfort of the Daniel Boone Inn) would fully agree with Dan's description.   :biggrin:

Yeah I really liked that restaurant, hope to get back in there again this spring.  Prodigious doesn't quite do that rain justice, it was raining like a mother, .. a river was running down the road outside the restaurant.  We had a table by the window facing the street.. 

When we saw the bikes, it went something like - "oh, look at those poor bastards"...  "hey, that's Dan Filetti and his buddies" 

The weather is the main reason I prefer ECFR > ECSR..  Also I think there's more and better riding around TPTN.

rktmanfj

Quote from: ddlewis on January 15, 2014, 08:08:20 AM

Yeah I really liked that restaurant, hope to get back in there again this spring.  Prodigious doesn't quite do that rain justice, it was raining like a mother, .. a river was running down the road outside the restaurant.  We had a table by the window facing the street.. 

When we saw the bikes, it went something like - "oh, look at those poor bastards"...  "hey, that's Dan Filetti and his buddies" 

The weather is the main reason I prefer ECFR > ECSR..  Also I think there's more and better riding around TPTN.

I think NancyK laughed...    :bomb:

TPTN is also a whole lot easier to get to from this part of the world than Boone (and the weather is usually better), but I still enjoy Boone.

Don't forget the 'hurricane' year when TPTN got 10" of rain and we had to delay the ECFR a month because the KOA was flooded.  Or the year that I actually rode in, and rode all the way home (okay, only 400 mi of it) in the rain.

Randy T
Indy

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

racerman_27410

I'll see you all there  :good2:

Kookaloo!

giantkiller

Yes I'll be there. This is one I'll always attend. My brother will have his 86 all sorted out by then. He got it a couple weeks before the rally last year. And was still trying to get it going @ 2am Friday when I called him. Before he finally gave up.

I really liked the cabin I stayed @ last year I'll probably stay there again. And come hang out @ the campgrounds.
Can't wait to see every body again.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

rktmanfj

Quote from: giantkiller on February 26, 2014, 06:54:15 PMI really liked the cabin I stayed @ last year I'll probably stay there again. And come hang out @ the campgrounds.
Can't wait to see every body again.

Where did you stay last year?

Randy T
Indy

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

giantkiller

Telico vacation rentals. Really nice cabins full kitchen, laundry, ac, grill, dish tv, hot tub on the deck. I think it was $315 for 3 nights.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

mst3kguy

according to Kelly, i just scored the last cabin.  i will be there tuesday leaving sunday.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Dan Filetti

I have a cabin from Thurs through Saturday, if anyone is coming for just Saturday night, I suspect it's still available...

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

ATL fj

I hope I can make it for at least a night this year.  It's always on my mind but something seems to come up.  It is pretty close to the Barber Vintage Fest http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/ in October so I'll have to butter up the wife to let me have two rides that close together.
87 FJ

CodyNKR

Sadly, I won't be at the Fall Rally this year. Neither will Jeff and Blue. I have a horse show in ID that changed their dates on me and I have to be in ID that weekend. So we're still planning on coming up, maybe the following week or the first week in Oct.
It won't be the same though  without my FJ brothers and my riding partner NancyG

NancyK

FJscott

No cabins left. Anyone have an open bunk in a cabin? If not, I'll tent it. My plan is to be there Monday afternoon, stay thru Sunday. I'll be bringing 3 bikes( 1 a dual sport)....oh and not bringing the wife this year.

Getting very stoked!

Scott

BSI

92' FJ1200
86' FJ1200
86' FJ1200 - just bought-not started in 2 yrs
04' Suzuki DRZ 400S - cornering on knobbies
76' Husky WR250 - bought in 81', needs lots of TLC