News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

clattering noise on coast or decell

Started by Goetz, May 29, 2013, 11:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goetz

My chain is too tight. Crap. Have I toasted a bearing?

ribbert

Quote from: Goetz on May 29, 2013, 11:41:14 PM
My chain is too tight. Crap. Have I toasted a bearing?

Errr, that information in itself is a bit like how long is a piece of string.

More information. How long has it been to tight? (distance not time) Sustained high speed? What alerted you to it? Just how tight was it?

Those bearings are pretty solid. I've seen some with chronic tight spots that have survived.
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Goetz

Chain, did xring, has been tight for 2k miles. Dont judge me.. :dash1: I will clean and properly adjust it tomorrow.

Goetz

Resolved. Never noticed the little marking arrows on either side before, nice to have a wheel that's aligned.

fj11.5

unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Goetz

I notice the acceleration is more abrupt, I will check the rear tire alignment in the am before work,  see if it shifted at all. Im not too confident in those cheezylittle bolts.

fj11.5

Pretty sure if your axle is tight, the adjuster bolts will stop any movement as all they are mainly  for is alighning the chain,
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne