News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

I Got Sucked In.

Started by turbocamino, March 23, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbocamino

:yes: 
                                  160708604992 Item number:  ebay.       they do look rugged/beefy...tall claims! 
89 FJ1200 saphire.blu owned 8-9 years.  By far the most satisfying of them all. Constant tinkering got me the best bike you could ever want.

craigslist1340

$80 for spark plugs. I don't think so.
1985 FJ1100, 1989 FJ1200, 1984 FJ1100, 69-70 Honda z50's times 3,  1973 Honda CT70.

Firehawk068

Boy did you ever...................
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

FJmonkey

I have a Monkey Made 84/87 shock I can sell you... Pay no attention that it looks used, dirty or sacked out, its quality stuff... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Pat Conlon

:smile: Tell me you didn't buy them
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

turbocamino

are you guys tryin to say somthin?  ....but it says  :mocking:
Typical Lifespan (non-racing):    25K mile - 40K Km - 500-600 hours                  Horsepower gain: 3%
Gap adjustment:    not required                                                                  Torque gain:    3%
Further ignition modification:    Not required                                                   acceleration increase:    10-12%
Works in conjunction:    w/ factory or tuned ignition                                           Fuel efficiency improvement:    average 5%
Firing power:improved by 20%; Electrode: Special 360-degree projective tip - SHA
89 FJ1200 saphire.blu owned 8-9 years.  By far the most satisfying of them all. Constant tinkering got me the best bike you could ever want.

FJmonkey

So do you want the shock or not????  :shok:   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

movenon

Back in business with my cow magnets  :biggrin:  :lol:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

ribbert

Quote from: turbocamino on March 23, 2013, 08:19:36 PM
Typical Lifespan (non-racing):    25K mile - 40K Km - 500-600 hours                  Horsepower gain: 3%
Gap adjustment:    not required                                                                  Torque gain:    3%
Further ignition modification:    Not required                                                   acceleration increase:    10-12%
Works in conjunction:    w/ factory or tuned ignition                                           Fuel efficiency improvement:    average 5%
Firing power:improved by 20%; Electrode: Special 360-degree projective tip - SHA

If you really want to light the back wheel up perhaps the plugs should be complimented with one of these (or your wifes hairdryer and some duct tape would probably do the same thing)

AIR INTAKE ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER TURBO CHARGER FUEL GAS SAVER HP+

AU $74.99
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

FJSpringy

Quote from: ribbert on March 24, 2013, 05:40:15 AM

(or your wifes hairdryer and some duct tape would probably do the same thing)

Looks like a plan, just gota see how long my extension cord is, maybe I could add a few 240 volt lights at the same time  :good2:
I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

92 FJ1200

NJona86FJ

Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like,but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage.
W. Churchill

turbocamino

.....but who doesnt want a  "12% increase in acceleration" ? :unknown:    ...if that monkey shock comes with the cow magnets and a solar panel ..i'm in. :good:

Firehawk068

When you're done, bring it over to US-13 Dragway, and we all want to see the side-by-side comparison, with the timeslips, and the 12% better acceleration  :good:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

HARTLESS

Quote from: ribbert on March 24, 2013, 05:40:15 AM
Quote from: turbocamino on March 23, 2013, 08:19:36 PM

If you really want to light the back wheel up perhaps the plugs should be complimented with one of these (or your wifes hairdryer and some duct tape would probably do the same thing)

AIR INTAKE ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER TURBO CHARGER FUEL GAS SAVER HP+

AU $74.99

eh.... I hate to admit, I bought one of these in high school. in my defense, im pretty stooopppid. I think its still laying around a bit
STRIVE FOR PERFECTION, SETTLE FOR EXCELENCE

I ride HARTLESS or don't ride at all!