News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

is this the cam chain or starter chain

Started by hook line n sinker, March 07, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Dive Dave

Get rid of the skulls?

But they are the equivilent of "go faster stripes" on a car.  I have touring stickers on my panniers, and I swear they add an extra 0.5mph to the ride.

Skull stickers are cheaper than FJ1200 alarm systems.  Looking at the bike, you automatically think "this ain't no pyjama wearing purist!" - so don't even think about nicking it cos the owner may be a 6ft 12" grizzly dude with knuckles dragging on the ground.

I like them! Leave em on!

Oh - and as for pyjama wearing FJ riders?  ADD ME TO THE RANKS.

I bought me a set of matching red n white Kangaroo leathers.  Jacket, trousers AND red n' white race boots.

Why I don't know, cos I don't do performance! 

If I could get this bloody picture thing sorted, I'd post a pic of them.  But, instead, you'll all have to go to my flickr page.  Theres new pics of the bike in minus temperatures and full K2 Kit!

One more attempt....

"I hate the present..I fear the future..So I live in the past."

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Anti-Dive Dave

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Anti-Dive Dave

For the love of god, can we have an easier way to insert pictures.  This has gone on since as long as I can remember.  Some folk can do it, whilst there are more out there that can't - and I'm one of them.

Yes, it's been explained time and time again.  But we still can't grasp it.

I try and try (I'm not completely thick.  3/4 yes, but not totally)

I tried again with the "my gallery" thing.  And nothing.  It really is frustrating to the point of getting a nose-bleed over it!

Can we just have what the majority of websites have?  That is: an attatchment button at the bottom, with a "browse system" for the pictures from our computer.  Include a Max file size, and we can shrink to fit before posting.  That is a hell-of-a-lot easier....and quicker.

And then, if moderators don't agree with the content, they can remove it.  Obviously NO tits, bums or anything rude.

Ta muchly.  And on behalf of all the other techo thickets out there.

Me.

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Anti-Dive Dave

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Anti-Dive Dave

ok - I used the insert image thing (y'know. )

And inbetween it, I first used the "grab link" and pasted it between the img bits.

THEn, I did the same with the img thing, and this time usewd the flickrs "grab BBcode", and copied and pasted THAT between the img.

Got text this time, still no instant image.

I give up, admit defeat, and curse this bloody technology.................. :sorry:

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

racerman_27410

it looks to me as if you have disabled sharing on your pictures...... once you enable that then you just use the drop down box that says other ways of sharing and there is a link displayed that you just copy and paste directly to your post here. no need to add anything just the link straight from flickr to your post... photobucket works the exact same way.

KOokaloo! 

Anti-Dive Dave

Hello Mr Racerman - the sharing option is there with the box at the top.  I click and it drops down to say "share with...facebook/twitter/email etc"

Below that is "grab link", and thats what I did for the 1st post.  Nothin happened.
And below that is share with....grab HTML/BB code..  "just copy and paste this" and job done/  Erm...not so.

Into Flickr account settings.  Who can see?  anyone - everything is opened up, nothing hidden (apart from my email address and real name, which is Sandra if you must know).  Share pics?  yes.  As said.  Bah humbug and in the huff now.

Sorry - this thread is way off topic now caused by me.

If i test some more, I shall do it in general discussion and mark it as TEST PIC

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

ribbert

Quote from: Anti-Dive Dave on March 08, 2013, 05:38:09 PM
Hello Mr Racerman - the sharing option is there with the box at the top.  I click and it drops down to say "share with...facebook/twitter/email etc"

Below that is "grab link", and thats what I did for the 1st post.  Nothin happened.
And below that is share with....grab HTML/BB code..  "just copy and paste this" and job done/  Erm...not so.

Into Flickr account settings.  Who can see?  anyone - everything is opened up, nothing hidden (apart from my email address and real name, which is Sandra if you must know).  Share pics?  yes.  As said.  Bah humbug and in the huff now.

Sorry - this thread is way off topic now caused by me.

If i test some more, I shall do it in general discussion and mark it as TEST PIC

I tried in bursts for 2 years without success to post photos, would get the shits and give up for a while then revisit it and the get the ............... and so on. I spent whole nights on it, re reading the instructions until I was blue in the face and even bluer in language.

It was only made worse by everyone saying it was a no brainer.

I finally stumbled across the sequence almost by accident. There was one vital step that no one seemed to have mentioned.

I will just check the sequence to make sure I miss nothing and post it for you.

I just tried the share box a minute ago "just grab the link blah, blah, blah" it doesn't work for me either. (Flickr)

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Steve_in_Florida

Quote from: Anti-Dive Dave on March 08, 2013, 03:37:38 PM

If I could get this bloody picture thing sorted...

Dave,
You worry too much, you make yourself sad.
You can't change fate, so don't feel so bad.
Enjoy it while you can, it's just like the weather.
Quit complaining brother, no one lives forever!

Let's have a party, there's a full moon in the sky.
It's the hour of the wolf, and I don't want to die.

I'm so happy dancing while the grim reaper
Cuts, cuts, cuts
But he can't get me.
(I'm as) clever as can be, and I'm very quick, but don't forget
We've only got so many tricks.
No one lives forever!!!

Cheers!  :drinks:

Steve

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Dads_FJ

John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'94 Yamaha WR250
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'39 BSA WM20

big r

Oh no, another power ranger and a Brit at that. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

ribbert

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Steve_in_Florida

Quote from: Dads_FJ on March 08, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

Just *WHO* is that?

The Black-White-Red-All-Over Bobbsey Twin Power Ranger???

Awwww.... So CUTE!

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Dan Filetti

Live hardy, or go home.