News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

is this the cam chain or starter chain

Started by hook line n sinker, March 07, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Dive Dave

AAAAAARGH.  :dash2:

I shall say what I got in a PM.....it's frustrating not being able to "get" this techno stuff and post pics....

Then...some bugger comes along....no....wait....MANY buggers come along....and post them for me!  And not say how they did it.  SHEESH!!!

But, I shall follow my PMs advice, and give that a go.  Thanks. Mr. Anonymous. No names mentioned.  Down under.  Makes a noise like a frog.  Aww shit...too much info.  He's been revealed.

Bugga.

People smuggling?  If I could get BIGGER boxes fitted, then yes! - I'd consider funerals too (midgets only) and renting the side cases out as one bedroom apartments to all the bloody immigrants that come over here.  :mad: But, unfortunately, Krauser didn't make em any bigger than that (42 litre). 

And me dog?  How big?  it's just a tea-cup chihuahua.  Don't let the feeding dishes fool you.  They're MINE. 
"I hate the present..I fear the future..So I live in the past."

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Anti-Dive Dave

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

FJmonkey

Try this, I took some screen shots of how I post pictures from Flicker.

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=8587.0
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

hook line n sinker

Quote from: Pat Conlon on March 07, 2013, 07:37:16 PM
Quote from: racerrad8 on March 07, 2013, 07:25:40 PM
Plus, do not forget about the header pipe breaking internally, just as Pat...

Nope, not that....he has a '87

YES LOL it has the gay skulls have gone now !

hook line n sinker

Quote from: jvb_ca on March 08, 2013, 12:58:16 PM
Its the skulls that are making that noise....  :shout: get them the hell off of there.....she ain't no Hardley.....(sounds like it the way its idling though)....
Oh and turn up your idle like everyone else says...

HTH's...Cheers..Jake

Gay skulls removed lol WTF  I do like this bike though first FJ1200 :)

Dads_FJ

:Then...some bugger comes along....no....wait....MANY buggers come along....and post them for me!  And not say how they did it.  SHEESH!!!:

Okay my bad.  However in my defense I only wanted to get your bike up so others could appreciate it.  I knew you'd figure it out with the help of others and since I use photobucket I figured I wasn't going to be any help in loading pictures.  My method for getting your photos up was to take a screen shot and save the file to photobucket and link them to that.  Not really helpful in your situation.  I apologize if I added to your frustration. 

John
John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'94 Yamaha WR250
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'39 BSA WM20

FJmonkey

Quote from: Dads_FJ on March 09, 2013, 11:51:13 AM
:Then...some bugger comes along....no....wait....MANY buggers come along....and post them for me!  And not say how they did it.  SHEESH!!!:

Okay my bad.  However in my defense I only wanted to get your bike up so others could appreciate it.  I knew you'd figure it out with the help of others and since I use photobucket I figured I wasn't going to be any help in loading pictures.  My method for getting your photos up was to take a screen shot and save the file to photobucket and link them to that.  Not really helpful in your situation.  I apologize if I added to your frustration. 

John

Dave can take it, no need to say your sorry... At least I hope he can take it, he is about to get some poo all over his new Ranger suit.... :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Anti-Dive Dave

Quote from: Dads_FJ on March 09, 2013, 11:51:13 AM
Okay my bad.
John

Yeah Mr Dad.... - YOU BAD!!  Go on....hold out yer hands.  No...STRAIGHT out.  Now turn them over.  Good lad.

Now...look away....

SLAP!!!  :shok: :biggrin:

There.  All done.

Nah - you didn't add to me frustration at all.  Not a single iota.  Nuffin.  Mainly cos when you suggested Photofucket (sorry...bucket), I was gonna try that as a last resort.  Y'know, cancel Flickr and open new account as suggested.  But then Mr Mar Mar did the show and tell.

"And they all lived happily ever after".  or, as the antipodeans would say...."No worries mate!, she's all good!"

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

Dads_FJ

John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'94 Yamaha WR250
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'39 BSA WM20

jvb_ca

Quote from: Steve_in_Florida on March 08, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
Quote from: Dads_FJ on March 08, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

Just *WHO* is that?

The Black-White-Red-All-Over Bobbsey Twin Power Ranger???

Awwww.... So CUTE!

hehehe....Don't let them bug you Dave. (or is that Eddie Lawson Under that suit?) That power ranger's suit could save your hide some day. Good on ya for getting it and make sure ya wear it. DAMHIK.....

Cheers...Jake
Cheers...Jake
86FJ1200
Ontario

Anti-Dive Dave

:mail1: LOL - Jake.

Yeah, I do wear it on long runs, but feel a bit of a tit going to the shops in it - so, just wear the jacket with black leather lowers instead for the bread n' milk run.  The boots were thrown in as part of the deal, and I really cant see me wearing them much.  I think a black pair of touring boots would be better.

The last thing I need when out on a run is to get stopped again, off the bike, by a mom and her kid asking if the little one can get a photo of her and the "spaceman".  It was funny and embarrasing.  I went away singing Elton Johns "rocketman".

I've retained some of my youth tho (and rebellious attitude), and hang onto my black visor till the feds physically confiscate my lid!  Makes kids stare at you when you drive past, and scares the shit out of car drivers when you pull up alongside, and then look directly at them through the visor.  They lose "eye contact" immedietly.  Some double take, and then look away.  Black visors are highly illegal here in the UK, and I luv it.  (Do have me Arai Quantum F with clear lens in the background)

Anyhoo - the suit is a race suit afterall, and as y'all know by now....I ain't no racer.  Whilst I may dream of being Eddie Lawson, I don't ride like him!  My looney days of peg scraping and sparks from the centre stand are long over!

At least with being Kangaroo hide, if I DO fall off, I should in theory "bounce like Skippy" along the road instead.  (Skippy was the name of a TV series from Australia back in the 1980s - Skippy being the Kangaroo version of "Lassie".)

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

fj11.5

who'd  of thunk it,, 2 two monkey ranger powder puff dudes, , all good mate, she'll be right  :biggrin: we'll  just have to learn to duck twice as much,  , extra poo being flung and all, , just hope you ,like the rest of us leather clad freaks never get the chance to test out the gears abrasion resistance,, other than skuffing it up, it dousnt stop the carpet burn, , where can i buy kevlar sleeves from :sorry:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Anti-Dive Dave

I'm waiting to see someone on here wearing a set of matching leathers with pink stripe down the sleeve and leg.

I mean - you can order custom made leathers...so surely, someone has to take the plunge and order up a set?  They can't look that bad, can they?

I think if I DO come off the bike wearing the Kangaroo hide, it won't protect me as much as the buffalo hide black stuff I normally wear.

Kangaroo is tougher on abrasion than normal hide, which is fine for sliding down a smooth track, with no traffic coming atcha at high speed, and no telegraph poles or trees to slam into.  Just grass and piled up rubber tyres (ok, theres more too it than that).  Personally, I reckon on the actual highway, with flora and fauna, it'll just disintigrate!

The only advantage I have found so far, is the weight difference.  I don't wanna test them out if I can help it, but If I do, and I live to tell the tale, then after they sew my arse back on, I'll report back.

"Awwwwwww shiiiiiit.....oh look.....sky-grass, sky-grass, sky-grass, TRUCK...sky-grass, VAN....close look at tarmac.....grass....fencepost....barbed wire.......cows......."

Bikes:
1987 FJ1200 1TX
1984 CB750 FA
1955 BSA C12

fj11.5

hmmm monkey ranger seems to be the local trend setter,, maybe we should pass the hat around and have him fitted out in pink stripe leathers  :biggrin:,, your right about the kanga hide, see the gp guys take a decent slide, without there arse hanging out, but not a guide post or pot hole in sight, , oh and if you must mention skippy,  do it quietly,, or the bastards will start showing re,runs again for the next ten years,, aww gee skip,  3 guys with chainsaws are cutting all the gum trees down, how will i call you now  :biggrin:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

ribbert

Quote from: Anti-Dive Dave on March 09, 2013, 04:11:20 PM
I'm waiting to see someone on here wearing a set of matching leathers with pink stripe down the sleeve and leg.

I mean - you can order custom made leathers...so surely, someone has to take the plunge and order up a set?  They can't look that bad, can they?

I think if I DO come off the bike wearing the Kangaroo hide, it won't protect me as much as the buffalo hide black stuff I normally wear.

Kangaroo is tougher on abrasion than normal hide, which is fine for sliding down a smooth track, with no traffic coming atcha at high speed, and no telegraph poles or trees to slam into.  Just grass and piled up rubber tyres (ok, theres more too it than that).  Personally, I reckon on the actual highway, with flora and fauna, it'll just disintigrate!

The only advantage I have found so far, is the weight difference.  I don't wanna test them out if I can help it, but If I do, and I live to tell the tale, then after they sew my arse back on, I'll report back.

"Awwwwwww shiiiiiit.....oh look.....sky-grass, sky-grass, sky-grass, TRUCK...sky-grass, VAN....close look at tarmac.....grass....fencepost....barbed wire.......cows......."

Dave, if they were made of inch thick elephant hide they still wouldn't do much for you hitting a tree, oncoming vehicle or telegraph pole.
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"