News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2012 East Coast Spring Rally Dirt Bike Day??????????????

Started by Smola67, February 06, 2012, 11:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carey

Stu,

There is some red clay sections of the trail that when it gets anything cose to wet, is real greasy. This would limit your trail selection.  I can't remember the trail number, but it's the downhil one-way trail on the right vs the uphill one-way trail on the left.  The uphill trail has some nice rock face sections where those Conti's might work very nicely.

Carey

ddlewis

Stu, I'll be sporting 50/50 dual sport tires that are not much better.  If it's somewhat dry I'll probably take a crack at it.

zero26tb4u

Quote from: Smola67 on April 14, 2012, 09:15:36 AM

New woods weapon for this year. Team 4 stroke in the house. Remember, If you cant get it done it 2 strokes, you can always get it done with 4.  :rofl:

I was wondering when you were going to reveal that.

zero26tb4u

Quote from: gearheadstu on April 14, 2012, 08:12:59 PM
On the scale from "NFW dude" to "Hey y'all, come watch this here idiot", how bad an idea is it to try Brown Mtn on street tires? And not even Distanzias that are halfway decent offroad. No, that'd be too practical. Instead I'm running sticky Conti SM rubber.

Thinkin NFW dude unless you stayed on the fire road down the middle and even then I think a slow pace would be in order. But what then hell does it matter I crash with new knobbies.

FJ Flyer

Okay, I'm starting to go into Rally withdrawl, again.   :sorry:

But while my wife is gone, I get to take the other three kids to the Cub Scout Bike Rodeo.  Yee-ha!   
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.