News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2012 East Coast Spring Rally Dirt Bike Day??????????????

Started by Smola67, February 06, 2012, 11:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smola67

So who is interested? If we get a few people (2 or more) than I will bring both bikes this year. I propose that we ride At Brown Mountain Thursday or Friday.

zero26tb4u

ddlewis

I plan to travel down there on the dual sport.   It's set up more as adventure bike, geared taller with 50/50 tires.   So it will be somewhat limited on real hairy scary stuff and not hanging with CR's.

But I'd go.

Smola67

Quote from: ddlewis on February 06, 2012, 01:27:13 PM
I plan to travel down there on the dual sport.   It's set up more as adventure bike, geared taller with 50/50 tires.   So it will be somewhat limited on real hairy scary stuff and not hanging with CR's.

But I'd go.

Yes you could ride the DR up the main road of Brown Mountain to the top of the mountain and then do a little exploring all over the top. And yes TEAM 4 STROKE is in the house. Just yellow and not red this year.   :blum1:

ddlewis

Quote from: Smola67 on February 06, 2012, 04:03:04 PM
Yes you could ride the DR up the main road of Brown Mountain to the top of the mountain and then do a little exploring all over the top...   :blum1:

C'mon man!  Expect I can do a little better than that representin team yellow (as long as it's not real muddy) - just meant I'll probably be bringing up the rear.. 

rktmanfj

Any chance of having a Dirt Bike day at Tellico?  There's miles and miles of trails and FS roads there...

ddlewis

Quote from: rktmanfj on February 07, 2012, 01:33:57 PM
Any chance of having a Dirt Bike day at Tellico?  There's miles and miles of trails and FS roads there...

We've said this every year since the great FJ off road excursion of '06.  This year I'm a lock.

rktmanfj

Quote from: ddlewis on February 07, 2012, 05:27:16 PM

We've said this every year since the great FJ off road excursion of '06.  This year I'm a lock.

I'll bring a dirt bike to Tellico then, for sure!      :good:

Not likely for Boone this year if I am going to CO, too.

Smola67

Sure we can. I will check with Jeff to see if he is planning on riding in the fall. He had a the pleasure of scouting trails with a local at Tellico last year.

Smola67

Quote from: ddlewis on February 06, 2012, 05:08:37 PM
Quote from: Smola67 on February 06, 2012, 04:03:04 PM
Yes you could ride the DR up the main road of Brown Mountain to the top of the mountain and then do a little exploring all over the top...   :blum1:

C'mon man!  Expect I can do a little better than that representin team yellow (as long as it's not real muddy) - just meant I'll probably be bringing up the rear.. 

Cool. 3 confirmed. And Dan, dont talk about bringing up the rear at Brown Mountain.  :dash1: Time for TRoy to chime in.  :rofl2:

Motofun

Careful, this is a trap....Brown mountain almost killed me.   :biggrin:
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

zero26tb4u

Quote from: Motofun on February 12, 2012, 10:20:07 AM

What doesn't kill you Jack will only make you stronger. At least I'm guessing this is Jack.

Dan B.

Smola67

Quote from: zero26tb4u on February 13, 2012, 10:49:04 AM
Quote from: Motofun on February 12, 2012, 10:20:07 AM

What doesn't kill you Jack will only make you stronger. At least I'm guessing this is Jack.

Dan B.

Yes it must be Jack.  :flag_of_truce: Yes death was close.  :drinks:

Smola67

New woods weapon for this year. Team 4 stroke in the house. Remember, If you cant get it done it 2 strokes, you can always get it done with 4.  :rofl:

gearheadstu

On the scale from "NFW dude" to "Hey y'all, come watch this here idiot", how bad an idea is it to try Brown Mtn on street tires? And not even Distanzias that are halfway decent offroad. No, that'd be too practical. Instead I'm running sticky Conti SM rubber.
Stu