News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ1100 its alive!

Started by 6cylrider98, November 13, 2011, 09:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6cylrider98

Hi, guys, I am working on a 84  1100 and Sat it ran! Did the carbs ,Thanks RPM!!, they were a mess. It has been sitting for a few years?? I dont know. I am doing this for a bud. Took a short test drive around the hood,  I am sure I made some friends.:-). Has pods,4-1 and thats it. I still need to do all the fluids and fix the rear shock adjuster thing wont move. Forks are dead too but it ran good for the time I had it up. Tires are done as well . Any help on tires?? Cant wait to put it on the dyno and check carb settings. I have the needels on #3  might be a little fat so maybe setting #2. I like it Fj's are cool. Being an older guy I remember when it came out, nice then ,nice now. Doug.

FJmonkey

Another new poster, #3 on the clock. Good to hear that you got another rust bucket out of the aging heap and closer to to the Kookaloo zone. Keep us posted on what you found, what you fixed and wow you fixed it. Is it Red and White or Silver and White?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Mark Olson

change all the fluids , brake , clutch , forks etc,.  tires are a personal choice, radials or bias ply. 

a popular mod is to put 17" wheels on the fj and run modern rubber radials.

read thru some of the modification posts for ideas.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

6cylrider98

Yes a noob here, Its red/silver. Have rebuilt the carbs, forks next, Valve cover replaced ,Thinking of putting the BT45's on it, what it wears now. Uni pods too. $ into one system. F1 iirc.  Will do all the fluid maintance stuff to be as close to 100% as I can. Motor felt good too. Thanks to this site and the people on here , it made fixing it much easier. thanks!! Will be looking for all the info I can. Doug.