News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Seat Cover

Started by movenon, July 20, 2011, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movenon

Here's an interesting cover for a stock FJ seat. I contacted the owner/manufacture. He is willing to just sell the cover for a DYI install. Saves on shipping. I don't have a US price yet but will shortly. Hopefully under a hundred.         http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-FJ-1200-FJ-1100-CUSTOM-COMFORT-SEAT-/250854212422?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a68138346
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

movenon

I ordered one. The cost was 85.36 US. To install you would need a stapler and likely a heat gun (cheap heat gun from H.Freight). On a warm day a hair drier might be enough. I will post more later when I get the cover in hand (hopefully) :).

1990 FJ 1200

moparman70

the cover looks nice -- not a bad price too

RichBaker

Be sure to use 1/4" staples, any longer and they'll poke thru the base and tear up the new cover.....  BTDT.   :dash2:
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P

movenon

Thanks, I noticed that upon inspection. I didn't know 1/4"  was the limit but I did notice the problem you are talking about. Anyhow its ordered an we will see how it comes out, shipping, cost and installation. My seat is not bad, I just like the looks of this seat cover. From what I have determined it will be shipped from England this Tue or Wed..  Long way from there to Idaho. More info as it develops.

1990 FJ 1200

nvmike24

I think many of us will be interested in the results!
:morning1:
Mike Sweeney
83 CB1000C, SOLD
84 FJ1100, in little pieces, for powder coating, FZR1000 Front
Fork Mod and Trans repair!
12 Road Glide Ultra

movenon

Quote from: nvmike24 on July 28, 2011, 07:00:35 AM
I think many of us will be interested in the results!
:morning1:

Got a shipping notice and its on the way over. More maybe this week sometime.

1990 FJ 1200