News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Hey STuArt!

Started by racerman_27410, December 28, 2010, 05:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerman_27410

Stuart,

I hate to intrude but i am feeling the need for some of your fantastic photographs..... doesn't even need to be a recent trip.....maybe something from some highlands somewhere ???????    :good2:

thanks Brother!

KOokaloo!

Frank

mz_rider

Quote from: racerman_27410 on December 28, 2010, 05:30:38 PM
Stuart,

I hate to intrude but i am feeling the need for some of your fantastic photographs..... doesn't even need to be a recent trip.....maybe something from some highlands somewhere ???????    :good2:

thanks Brother!

KOokaloo!

Frank

Frank,

You're not intruding at all, I'm glad you like my efforts. I usually carry a camera on my travels and this time of year I sort through the pictures. I'm working tomorrow, but I'll post my "best of 2010" soon. Maybe even a video from warmer times.

Stuart

racerman_27410

Quote from: mz_rider on December 28, 2010, 06:32:59 PM

Frank,

You're not intruding at all, I'm glad you like my efforts. I usually carry a camera on my travels and this time of year I sort through the pictures. I'm working tomorrow, but I'll post my "best of 2010" soon. Maybe even a video from warmer times.

Stuart

I'll look forward to it !

Kookaloo!

mz_rider

Quote from: racerman_27410 on December 28, 2010, 05:30:38 PM
Stuart,

thanks Brother!

KOokaloo!

Frank

Frank,

During these dark days of winter I've been looking through my photos taken on my travels during the past year and post a few since you've taken an interest.

Loch Awe with the ruins of Kilchurn Castle in the background.

Hardknott Pass in the English Lake District. A challenging ride with many steep slopes.

Back to the highlands. This is the village of Gairloch - the location of my bike club's spring rally.

Loch Creran

Loch Linnhe at the village of Kentallen

Tarbert

Anyone else care to post their best pics of the year to cheer up those of us in chilly parts of the world?

Stuart

fjrpierre

Awesome pics Stuart! Isn't the world a great place!  :yahoo:
Pierre
(caretaker of a 92FJ1200)

carsick

Images like those combined with my yet-to-be-used Corbin with backrest might just get my better half on the bike this year! Nice job Stuart!

craigo

Stuart,

You live in a beautiful and magical place.  All the history and ruins are just amazing.  Love the pic of the Kilchurn Castle ruins.

I went through my pics and nothing even compares.  I live in the desert mountains of Southern California and, well to be honest, looks pretty dull by comparison.  However, we do have a really long riding season here and the roads are really fun.  Here are a couple of pics:

Palomar Mountain, South Grade

View from top of Palomar Mountain looking south

Lake Henshaw, east of Palomar

Palomar Mountain

Regards,

CraigO
90FJ1200
CraigO
90FJ1200

racerman_27410

Quote from: mz_rider on December 29, 2010, 08:57:15 AM

Frank,

During these dark days of winter I've been looking through my photos taken on my travels during the past year and post a few since you've taken an interest.

Loch Awe with the ruins of Kilchurn Castle in the background.

Thats what  i'm talking about .... fantastic shot.

is it possible for my Irish genetics to be calling me back to the homeland ?

KOokaloo!

Frank

racerman_27410

LOL made me go back thru my pictures from this past year....no castles anywhere on any of them....

KOokaloo!

mz_rider

Craig,

It has to be said that Scotland only looks like these pictures on occasions. The riding season, if you are going far, is only about 6 months long and there will be a lot of bad weather during this time. The secret is to keep an eye on the forecast and get out there when you can. I had to include a castle in one of the photos - a picturesque ruin does improve the landscape. Actually they are very common. I live in a typical suburb and I can see one from my upstairs window (Mearns Castle, 550 years old and in good condition - a cube of stone really - Google it)

Don't sell Southern Calif short. In the 90s I had a couple of fly-drives to the West Coast. I love the desert and when I stayed in Death Valley I drove out to Zabriskie Point at dusk and it was the most amazing landscape I'd ever seen.

Stuart

craigo

Just beautiful, so I have to ask myself, is it because I have been on these roads for 30 years, or just wanting to see something new that I find this area dull and dry?  I know that when I visit other areas I go, "OOOHHHHhhhh, nice!!!  But I know these roads so well, I guess I take them for granted.  I have to remember that I am in the area that produced 2 Moto GP legends, (Eddie Lawson and Wayne Rainey) so I have to remember that these roads are some of the best in the world.  IMO

CraigO
90FJ1200
CraigO
90FJ1200

Travis398

I think we all become bored with our scenery, after seeing it everyday year after year.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Travis398

Here are a couple photos from the north east, I can't touch your pic of the castle though, If only them Indians would have built some :pardon:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Klavdy

No doubt it is your Irish genetics calling you back to Scotland.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

Dan Filetti

Quote from: Klavdy on December 29, 2010, 10:10:17 PM
No doubt it is your Irish genetics calling you back to Scotland.

Where's the 'like' button.... :)
Live hardy, or go home.