News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Spring ride and Show

Started by Millietant, May 19, 2024, 11:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millietant

Well, after the worst spring on record for rainfall, we finally got a couple of sunny days here in the UK at the start of May.

The VJMC and the East Northants MCC put on a display of bikes at the East Midlands Steam and Country Show, which was a fantastic day, apart from the Show being set in a large field, with 1/4 mile of mud to negotiate to get to the display area - the route being used before us by all the trucks, traction engines and APC's/jeeps etc  :dash2:

On the ride across the field I saw six riders fall - including one Goldwing which couldn't be picked up - the ground was so soft underneath the grass, helpers couldn't stand up to lift the bike. It was eventually righted with the help of a tractor and a rope !!!!!!

Luckily, I managed without incident, except that the FJ collected a load of mud on it's bellypan and undercarriage. No worries though, 5 mins with a hose and the air line once I got home soon had it sorted.

The day had some interesting developments - I was leading 2 R1's to the show, travelling quite close together in convoy and we passed a mobile speed camera van on the bridge over the dual carriageway (Interstate). Strangely, my pal Pete, on his 09 R1 in the middle, got a speeding ticket through the post a couple of days ago, but there was nothing for me and Chris on his early R1. Then as we reached the display area and parked the bikes up, Chris lost his footing and dumped his R1 on it's side ! .........lady luck shines on FJ's (hopefully!!)
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Millietant

Just a week after the Steam and Country Show, the sun broke through again and I had my first proper ride out on the FJ for absolutely ages.....managing to get a couple of hours out in Leicestershire with a neighbour on his new-to-him NC 750. Some beautiful back lanes and picturesque villages, with lots and lots of curves  :good:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.