News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hi from the UK

Started by FJ1200 Dave, March 21, 2024, 12:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1200 Dave

Good Morning/Afternoon all. Dave from the UK here. New to the world of FJ1200's. What an awesome machine!! I apologize as I may have posted a question in the wrong place. I am looking to get an oil cooler guard for my 92 machine.

Online seems to say that the XJR Oil cooler guards will fit but the fixings look different. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Safe riding all.  :scratch_one-s_head:

red

Dave,

The FJ1200 has a good following in Europe.  If you need any plastic fittings, you might look to the FJ forums there for 3D-CAD files, to print out the parts you need. Nylon is generally a good choice, for the material.
Locally, the public libraries here will print almost anything you need, smaller than a breadbox, for pocket change prices.  You will certainly need to find the 3D-CAD file (*.STL) for that item, but the Internet is growing libraries of such files to share, usually needing only an easy registration of your account there, but seldom a fee.  HTH.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

FJmonkey

The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Sparky84

G'day and Welcome Dave from the UK,

Nice riding country over your neck of the woods.

Safe Travels
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

FJ1200 Dave

Thanks for your help Red greatly appreciated. and quite right Sparky the roads here are good to ride on just waiting for the nicer weather to begin. Here's hoping.

Millietant

Hi Dave

Dean from the UK here. If you want a new one, try taking the old one to Earls Performance at Silverstone (right next to the track). They used to make them for the FJOC kits, but anywhere new tends to be expensive.

If you're not bothered it being new, I have one still attached to the engine on my spares FJ, which you're welcome to have.

I'm in Rugby of that helps you travel-wise for a pick up.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJ1200 Dave

@millietant

Hi Dean, Amazing. That would be brilliant if the part is still available. Only slight concern and I may be being an idiot here, your bike is an 89 is that correct? whereas mine is a 92 model and I am not sure if the parts are compatible?

Let me know when you are free and hopefully we can arrange for me to come and collect the part.

Thanks

Dave.

Millietant

Hi Dave,

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding, From everything I know, the oil coolers are interchangeable between the 3CV (mine) and 3XW (yours) models.

The cooler is still attached to my spares bike. I will be at home next Monday and next Wednesday and I'll happily remove it when you get here for you to take it away, if that's OK with you.

I'm in Rugby, just off Junction 1 of the M6 - Whereabouts are you in Cheshire ? With any luck it'll be only a 1 and a 1/2 hour trip down here (unless you're up in the north/west of Cheshire).

I've sent you a Message on here with my address details.

Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.