News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Chilly Cotswolds Ride

Started by Millietant, November 11, 2023, 07:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millietant

Had a great but chilly ride out down to the Cotswolds today with a few (mostly VJMC) pals.

Plenty of frost on the ground as we left, with the temperature at 34 F, but plenty of blue skies and sunshine it finally managed to get up to around 40 F by lunchtime.

Only around 120 miles covered, but my fuel gauge is still reading well above half full. Because of the XT 600 with us, the greasy roads early on, and my brand new Michelin Road 6 rear and Pilot Road 4 tyres (literally zero miles on them as I rode away this morning), speeds were kept reasonably low for most of the ride.

I have to say though, by the time we'd reached our half way stop for a snack (and for a couple of the guys to get warmed up) at Broadway Tower, I was really starting to get comfortable with them. By the time I got home I was revelling in the grip and feel from both tyres on the FJ. I've had Michelin Pilot Road 4, 4 and 5's on my FZ1 over the last approx 15 years and always loved them, but I'm even more impressed with these latest ones on the FJ.

Just hoping that they last as long as the old BT 023's, as they the cost 60% more per pair  :sarcastic:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.