News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Autumn ride up to fallen leaf lake

Started by T Legg, October 24, 2023, 01:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Legg

The tourist season is finally over so my son Ian and I took a ride up to Fallen Leaf lake in the mountains above the west shore of Lake Tahoe. Traffic was light and the temperatures were mild. Here are some pictures.
T Legg

T Legg

T Legg

T Legg

T Legg

T Legg

T Legg

Millietant

Stunning Travis, just stunning...... :good2:

It looks like you've got every mile possible out of the back tyre on the FJ though  :sarcastic:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

T Legg

Good eye Dean. That rear tire was actually already retired once. I had just put the bike back together after replacing the fork seals and several other little problems the night before. I have a new tire ready to put on but one of possibly the last really nice days before winter sets in had arrived .I borrowed the rear wheel that has been holding up my yellow fj1100 since I broke a chain master link and cracked the upper and lower crankcases.
    The mountains we were riding in are supposed to get up to a foot of snow in the coming week.
T Legg

Old Rider

Nice report looks the nature looks very similar to here in norway.that backtire starts to break in nicely i have seen more worn tire from you Travis if i remember right.I took a ride with the FJ some days ago  before i wrapped it up for winter .( my new/old kawasaki did not last long before i teared the engine down ) :sarcastic: The snow came here today waked up to 6 inch of snow.

T Legg

What are those big grooves running across your back tire ?
T Legg

Old Rider

Oh those are just the classic pirelli smile cracks  :good2: