News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

I bought another FJ !!

Started by Millietant, September 17, 2023, 05:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millietant

So, I forgot to mention earlier that one of the reasons I've been a bit busy and absent from here, was my trip to the Isle of Wight, to pick up another 3CV FJ 1200.

This one was first registered as new in 88 and it's the midnight blue and gold colour scheme. I also got a load of spares with the bike, including a tank in the white/silver paintwork of my other FJ's, a 3XW fairing + OE touring screen, a couple of spare tail pieces, an extra plain white Pyramid Plastics belly pan and a spare complete exhaust (with Motad Neta silencers), as well as a host of other bits.

I set out early in the morning to drive to Southampton to catch the ferry for a 1 hr sailing to the island and arrived at the sellers place just before noon. At 12.06 he fired up the bike to show me it ran :good2:

By 13.46, the bike was broken into enough pieces and everything fitted into my car and I began the 30 minute journey back to the port, arriving with minutes to spare to catch my ferry.

At 18.30 I closed my garage door at home, with everything but the frame, engine and swinging arm safety stored away. Those remaining bits are still in my car (2 weeks later!), waiting for me to finish building a new storage shed to create more space for me to move other non-bike stuff out of my garage. It was a fair bit of hassle to get the bike, but for around $300 US, it seemed like too much of a bargain to miss.

Hopefully I'll get the shed done in the next couple of days so I can get all of the FJ in the garage and get it ready to be the next project (once the VF 750 is done  :sarcastic:).
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Waiex191

Nice!  I've been tempted but have remained strong.
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL