News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Engine bars

Started by Fonce, July 15, 2023, 08:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonce

Seeing if anyone else has ordered a set of renntec engine bars out of the UK and found they don't fit correctly?

Old Rider

I think  there is 2 different types one for earlier fj and one for later fj .Are you sure you got the set that fits your year/model?

Fonce

No, I asked that question but didn't get a response, they just refunded the cost....

Old Rider

Okay that is strange they did not respond. I have same bike and year as you and been trying to get engine bars (used) her in Norway for a long time
I guess i have to order from RPM to get some if the uk suplier only have for the later fj models.

Fonce

The only reason I got them from the uk was the posting from the US was massive,

racerrad8

What part number did you receive?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Fonce

Randy, just ordered the 86 set..... unsure what showed up here. Sent some photos but without further discussion they refunded me.... Really would like a set but the postage from USA is insanely expensive to Australia

RPM - Robert

Okay. Renntec sold several years ago and the direction of the company has changed. They have committed to continue making protection bars for motorcycles, but they company has changed.

We will continue to offer their products and I am sorry that shipping has become so cumbersome for international customers. Since covid, they have just jacked prices severely.

Randy - RPM

Fonce

Quote from: RPM - Robert on July 17, 2023, 01:43:22 PM
Okay. Renntec sold several years ago and the direction of the company has changed. They have committed to continue making protection bars for motorcycles, but they company has changed.

We will continue to offer their products and I am sorry that shipping has become so cumbersome for international customers. Since covid, they have just jacked prices severely.

Randy - RPM
No worries,

Millietant

Quote from: Old Rider on July 15, 2023, 06:47:55 PM
Okay that is strange they did not respond. I have same bike and year as you and been trying to get engine bars (used) her in Norway for a long time
I guess i have to order from RPM to get some if the uk suplier only have for the later fj models.

There are people on the FB owners groups in the UK who have them for sale used. You could join and ask if anyone  has any they'd send you.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.