News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Roving with rover

Started by roverfj1200, May 31, 2010, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverfj1200

Cut and pasted this from the FarRiders site if anyone is interested.. Total 2000km for the weekend..

I have missed a few FarRides and was keen as mustard to do this one.. I had no real plan other than to do my 1000 before lunch so as to enjoy a few drinks and chat after.

I headed north on Friday afternoon through Blackbutt and Biloela. West to banana and south to Taroom.

The rain chased me all the way and I rode many soaked roads but only passed through a few light showers.. The air was cool and I stayed rugged up all the way. 16Km north of Taroom is a way side stop which I planned to sleep in. On arrival the night sky was a wash with stars so I rolled the swag out to sleep. With most of the distance done a sleep in could be had.. But no it rained only minutes after I hopped in the swag and continued till 5am when I could sleep no more. After rolling up the swag and packing on the gear the rain abruptly stopped and I was off and riding in clear air. The fuel light was on and my head calculating mileage as I headed in to Wandoan. If there's no fuel here I might have to push the Jay into Miles..

But fuel was found and a Chocolate breaky was had. Off along the Jackson road to Jackson (One song line in my head about going to Jackson ) and a loo break.

Then on to Mitchell now a hour and some early due to the rain..

So we ate and drank and talked shit.. What a great time....Bazz has the pix...

Sunday morning and there are rides leaving town in all directions so I shake hands and head off me self.

Heading St George. I stop for photos and look around. Found this bridge made of ply go figure.

I stop to take a pix of the steel scrap man and bugger me Dave (UK) pulls over.

So we take pix and ride together to St George for a cuppa's and chips..

So Dave is last seen heading to Hebel.. I head on to Goondiwindi and Texas dodging rain.

Some Fish and chips at Texas and then to Inglewood and Warrick to catch up with my wondering Mum at Sandy creek Hotel for the night. Off home Monday and home for lunch...

More pix here http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss204/roverfj1200/FarRide13
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Dan Filetti

Quote from: roverfj1200 on May 31, 2010, 12:53:47 AM
On arrival the night sky was a wash with stars so I rolled the swag out to sleep. With most of the distance done a sleep in could be had.. But no it rained only minutes after I hopped in the swag and continued till 5am when I could sleep no more. After rolling up the swag and packing on the gear the rain abruptly stopped and I was off and riding in clear air.

At least the weather had it's priorities correct. Riding: sun/ no rain, sleeping... ehhh, whatever.   :good2:
Live hardy, or go home. 

Yamifj1200

Nice report Richard, gotta love the new site with so many options for pics and video. I really enjoy seeing where others get to ride. Glad you had a good time...

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

Scooterbob

Love it.  Am kinda jealous now that I don't ride further than work and back.  Got to get on the road more.......

Thanks for the motivation!
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-----Bob G.-----