News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Battery Ground Wire question.

Started by P1an, June 14, 2023, 01:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P1an

My ground wire from the battery is loose in the other end and have been cut off, the cable lug seems to have been worn down by the front sprocket as well.

And I can't figure out where it's suppose to go. Is it to the engine or the frame?

Can someone please tell me, a picture would be great.
I'll attach a picture of the cable I mean.

Old Rider

P1an

P1an

Does anybody know what torque the bolt on the engine where the ground wire is connect should be tightend with? And do I have to replace the bolt if I undo it?

Old Rider

It is bolt nr33  24 NM
Dont think you will have to replace it since it is a 8mm bolt .When i rebuild my engine a long 6mm bolt nr21 snapped off with no warning that was fun =)
so i had to split the engine again to get the rest of the bolt out

P1an

Quote from: Old Rider on June 14, 2023, 05:13:01 AM
It is bolt nr33  24 NM
Dont think you will have to replace it since it is a 8mm bolt .When i rebuild my engine a long 6mm bolt nr21 snapped off with no warning that was fun =)
so i had to split the engine again to get the rest of the bolt out
Big thanks once again  :good2:
I don't have to replace it just because I unscrewed it right?

P1an

Nice! Hopefully bult nr 33 won't break when I try removing it. Thank you for taking your time and help me.  :i_am_so_happy:

fj1289

No - you do not need to replace it if you remove it.   No fasteners on the FJ are "torque to yield" like on many newer engine.  When a bolt is torque to yield it is one time only use.