News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ1200 exhaust

Started by maxherman05, September 13, 2022, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxherman05

Hello everyone. I am wondering what types of aftermarket slip - on exhausts you guys would think would look best on my 1992 FJ1200. I have looked into delkevic ones and I really like it but i want your guys opinion. I have some slip on on it now that came with the bike when i bought it. Im not sure what kind it is but it is rusting out and i need some new ones.

maxherman05

I am also most likely going to purchase the black widow down pipe and collector box set.

FJmonkey

If you want to go down the rabbit hole like I did, you might consider the RPM system. Super light. Snaps right on. And it looks great with a little polish.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

RPM - Robert

Unfortunately Monkey, the great state of Kalifornia Air Resource Board sparked the ,manufacture of my RPM system of selling non complaint & non emission exhaust systems in Kalifornia.

Once that happened, they told me, sorry we can no longer sell to you in Kalifornia. The partnered with a large motorcycle distributor in the states who will also not sell to me in Kalifornia. And since it is old, vintage bike stuff, they don't even want to stock it.

I did find a California company willing to manufacture the system, but the cost of paying another manufacture the design & setup is just not in the cards.

FJmonkey

Oh, a nice bit of design and engineering shut down in Kalifornia. With all them electricks coming to the streets, it might be nice to hear the exhaust note from time to time. You can still sell them out side of CA but they won't ship them to CA, right? And then the age/population is considered a risk for making and stocking the product. Bugger...

T Legg

Quote from: RPM - Robert on September 14, 2022, 10:37:52 AM
Unfortunately Monkey, the great state of Kalifornia Air Resource Board sparked the ,manufacture of my RPM system of selling non complaint & non emission exhaust systems in Kalifornia.

Once that happened, they told me, sorry we can no longer sell to you in Kalifornia. The partnered with a large motorcycle distributor in the states who will also not sell to me in Kalifornia. And since it is old, vintage bike stuff, they don't even want to stock it.

I did find a California company willing to manufacture the system, but the cost of paying another manufacture the design & setup is just not in the cards.

You should open a satellite branch in Nevada for non California compliant items. The business license is $_200.00 a year and no state tax unless you have many employees. I could rent you space for a ten by twelve shed for $20.00 a year.
T Legg

RPM - Robert

Quote from: T Legg on September 14, 2022, 01:08:56 PM

You should open a satellite branch in Nevada for non California compliant items. The business license is $_200.00 a year and no state tax unless you have many employees. I could rent you space for a ten by twelve shed for $20.00 a year.

We looked into that, but the "Large Motorcycle Distributor" require a minimum purchase volume annually that we cannot meet. They just do not have enough inventory to support the FJ to justify.

Maybe someday, when the grass is greener, we'll look at making the head again.

Paul.1478

well crap. I was waiting for this to get back in stock. Looks like I have to go with plan B.
will the 3CV Delkevic system fit? they say to 1992. will it fit my 93?
2006 GL1800
2009 KLR650
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

FJmonkey

Quote from: Paul.1478 on September 19, 2022, 10:34:07 AM
well carp. I was waiting for this to get back in stock. Looks like I have to go with plan B.
will the 3CV Delkevic system fit? they say to 1992. will it fit my 93?
92 and 93 are the same, good to go.

Paul.1478

thanks. That is what I thought, I emailed them and was told nope. Sorry.
I may have to do this. I love my FJ, just way to quite, especially after riding my Ducati. 
2006 GL1800
2009 KLR650
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

blackcadd

Another option is staintune in Oz look them up ,you they are compliment in California

Motofun

I loved the staintune 6 into 6 pipes looked for my CBX back in the day......They cost more than the bike! :Facepalm:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1