News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Indicator Problems

Started by piper alpha, March 17, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piper alpha

Just a minor problem, the left indicator wont work unless I quickly flick the switch from right to left? I was thinking the switch it's self, if anyone knows what it could be I would be grateful... Thanks

Oh, I forgot to mention, although I'm not sure if it's related to the indicator problem but my horn won't work either?

Arnie

Quote from: piper alpha on March 17, 2010, 06:47:11 PM
Just a minor problem, the left indicator wont work unless I quickly flick the switch from right to left? I was thinking the switch it's self, if anyone knows what it could be I would be grateful... Thanks

Oh, I forgot to mention, although I'm not sure if it's related to the indicator problem but my horn won't work either?

Could be something as simple as dirt in the switchblock.  I'd start there and remove it from the bar, and carefully dis-assemble it cleaning as you go.  You can get electical contact cleaner at most electronics parts stores.

Are all your globes working?  Is the flasher relay unit working?

If not that, then you may have to trace the wiring to find a break.

Also, don't forget to check the fuse (duh), I've spent hours checking before when the fuse was toasted.

Cheers,
Arnie

piper alpha

Quote from: Arnie on March 17, 2010, 08:10:00 PM
Quote from: piper alpha on March 17, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

Could be something as simple as dirt in the switchblock.  I'd start there and remove it from the bar, and carefully dis-assemble it cleaning as you go.  You can get electical contact cleaner at most electronics parts stores.

Are all your globes working?  Is the flasher relay unit working?

If not that, then you may have to trace the wiring to find a break.

Also, don't forget to check the fuse (duh), I've spent hours checking before when the fuse was toasted.

Cheers,
Arnie
Hi Arnie, All bulbs and fuses are working fine. As I said, If I quickly flick it from right to left, It will work? I'll have a good look and see if there is something I can do. Thanks for your reply. John