News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1tx CDI wiring help needed.

Started by Hath87, November 15, 2016, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hath87

I'm sorry it's a want guys, I have been lurking around the forum for a while. I'm at henpoint ofnwiring up. Y bike using the motogadget m unit ( brilliant bit of kit!) my problem is that I haven't a clue the wiring , I have the TID -4-50 cdi unit. Consists of 2  plugnporta, one is 3  pin I have that
Covered. It is the 5 pin I can't figure out, can anyone show me a diagram to find out where i wire it up and earths etc? I'd be most grateful.

JPaganel

Quote from: Hath87 on November 15, 2016, 01:03:06 PM
I'm sorry it's a want guys, I have been lurking around the forum for a while. I'm at henpoint ofnwiring up. Y bike using the motogadget m unit ( brilliant bit of kit!) my problem is that I haven't a clue the wiring , I have the TID -4-50 cdi unit. Consists of 2  plugnporta, one is 3  pin I have that
Covered. It is the 5 pin I can't figure out, can anyone show me a diagram to find out where i wire it up and earths etc? I'd be most grateful.

I really don't understand why people are all gaga over these M-unit things. So, you remove the fusebox. I haven't needed to replace a fuse on a bike outside those occasions I screwed something up, like hook up a charger backwards. You are choosing to give yourself a headache, and I have no idea why. Also, you are losing turn signal auto-cancel tied to distance traveled.

Large plug on the ignition box should have

Orange - 1/4 coil
Red/white - 2/3 coil
Black - ground
Black/white - power

Small plug is the wiring harness to pickup coils. You should leave that one alone.

Note that you will be losing the sidestand safety interlock.

1993 FJ1200 ABS

1984 FJ600, up on blocks

1986 FJ1200, flaming wreck, repaired and sold
1986 FJ1200, repaired, ridden, sold

I don't want a pickle
I just want to ride my motorcicle

Hath87

Thank you for your input, I'm using the m unit as I have used a fj1200 as a donor bike for my chop/bobber build so essentially I'm using the engine and some other components. Indicators are on a timer which is adjustable also I can wire in a side stand safety switch with ease.