News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

exhaust gaskets

Started by twangin4u, March 21, 2015, 06:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twangin4u

Anybody got any suggestions for a homemade gasket I can use on the exhaust coming out of the head? I ordered some new ones but I want to get rid of that awful sound in the meantime

1984 fj1100

FJmonkey

Where are you that you have wait so long for small light weight parts to arrive by post?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

ribbert

Quote from: twangin4u on March 21, 2015, 06:18:09 PM
Anybody got any suggestions for a homemade gasket I can use on the exhaust coming out of the head? I ordered some new ones but I want to get rid of that awful sound in the meantime

1984 fj1100

You should be able to get some graphited rope at your local auto shop that would do the job.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

twangin4u

Quote from: ribbert on March 21, 2015, 07:43:27 PM

1984 fj1100

You should be able to get some graphited rope at your local auto shop that would do the job.

Noel

*** that's what I was thinking.  I'm gonna go check it out. I live in Cali, but I ordered them on Friday so they probably won't ship until Monday and I was wanting to ride tomorrow.

copper

Where did you order them from?

FJmonkey

Where in Cali are you? I have some spares...

twangin4u

Quote from: FJmonkey on March 21, 2015, 09:35:07 PM

** near Modesto in a little town called hughson

FJmonkey

Quote from: twangin4u on March 21, 2015, 11:30:18 PM
Quote from: FJmonkey on March 21, 2015, 09:35:07 PM

** near Modesto in a little town called hughson

I am guessing you did not buy from RPM..... They are in Oakdale...

twangin4u

That's funny. I always assume everything ordered from the internet comes from a far away magical place. Not the same town I work in everyday... Bahahaha..

copper

Lucky you, you can stop by and get parts aytime and not have to have shipped from far away places like the rest of us :dash1:

ZOA NOM

LOL, I was staring at a box of exhaust gaskets at RPM just two days ago. They're in stock. :)
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

movenon

1984 fj1100

My advice is go over to Oakdale and meet Randy and his son. Call him first to make sure he is there as he gets busy. He responds to e mail also. http://www.rpmracingca.com/products.asp?cat=39 . You live close to one of the most knowledgeable persons around when it comes to the FJ's.  He has rebuilt more FJ motors than I have ever see FJ's... He is also a rider.

I ordered something from Western Power Sports and it came in the next day... Turns out there warehouse is right down the road from where I use to work...And that an old neighbor works there....  :lol:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

twangin4u

Quote from: movenon on March 22, 2015, 03:03:54 PM

1984 fj1100

My advice is go over to Oakdale and meet Randy and his son. Call him first to make sure he is there as he gets busy. He responds to e mail also. http://www.rpmracingca.com/products.asp?cat=39 . You live close to one of the most knowledgeable persons around when it comes to the FJ's.  He has rebuilt more FJ motors than I have ever see FJ's... He is also a rider.

I ordered something from Western Power Sports and it came in the next day... Turns out there warehouse is right down the road from where I use to work...And that an old neighbor works there....  :lol:
George

** yeah, I went by there on my bike after work but it was a 1/4 to 6 so I think they were closed. I shoot over there again tomorrow a little earlier.