News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Starter woes continued

Started by gumby302ho, March 11, 2015, 02:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumby302ho

Okay so the good news first, I put power to the starter and it rolls over perfect. I must say for the people that understand electrical(not me) my starter has always turned the motor over with no key in the ignition, it will never fire without the key on but it did roll over the motor until now. So with direct voltage to the starter it rolls. Following clymer manual, it said to jumper the blue/white wire off the starter relay to ground and operate starter, as soon as I jump the blue/white relay wire my bike rolls over without hitting the starter button, is that normal with the way my bike would always roll over without the key on...... Is it my relay or my push button? Electrical is my worse enemy, I started the bike up from hibernation and it started great, went to restart and there was nothing hence I am on here crying for some feedback.  :cray:

FJools

Yes
My guess is, without referring to a circuit diagram, that by earthing that wire you have bypassed all the switches to force the starter relay to operate. It is what I would expect.
Still thinking of something..................