News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Only a Headlight aimer replacement. Never that simple!

Started by Jeff0308, March 14, 2013, 04:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff0308

Well,  Thanks to Rod (FJ 11.5) who I scourced the HEADLIGHT AIMER  from. :good2: I finally got the FJ stripped. Funny how things never seem that simple. I started to dismantle the fairing. As I suspected, broken fairing bits inside behind the indicator and the side airscoop. :dash2: Luckily for some unknown reason all the broken bits were still there. ( SCREW HOLE PIECES ) :smile: That just never happens. In this case, yes, best part is they were all complete and fitted perfectly together. No gaps.  :good2: I resinned them all back in place and continued to strip it down. Found the left bump mould a bit ordinary but will scource that later. I took the tank off removed the sender to find the gasket had a split in it. Went and bought a new one .  That adds up for the fuel smell. Also found the issue with the sender light to. The sender reads individually. 2 sensors on 1 sender. I looked into the tank. Little bit of rust.  Bugger! :scratch_one-s_head: Fixed that. KREEM coated the tank. Simple easy and 100% effective.  :yes:Looks pretty inside  to now.   :good2: Finally replaced the headlight aimer. I also shrink wrapped it with electrical shink sleeve. TWICE!! Thanks to that advice which was given on the forum.  While everythings apart. the headlight globe was changed . Put in a NARVA 60/55 PLUS 100 Globe. Yeah I know about the HID insert but I figure this globe is tried and tested by me  in the car and i am very happy with it. Besides I am on a budget. The other little no no I found was some knob has disconnected the side stand switch. Anyway I found the wires and reconnected them. Well shes all back together again now.  Im impressed with what was done. I have never needed to  dismantle an FJ until now. Very easy and user friendly. All because of a headlight aimer. 7 issues dealt with and one happy owner. Side stand switch works like a charm so far. I havent put  fuel in  it since I have bought it but I put 100 octane fuel in and what a difference it made. Super smooth and alot quicker. Cant wait to get her on the road registered.