News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

idles on choke, crazy bad idle unchoked, give it gas=dead carb issue.

Started by Goetz, November 08, 2012, 06:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj11.5

unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Goetz

which isexactly what i was doing. Bike ran ok before i started messing with it. In the modders spirit of "if it aint broke, fix it till it is" I decided to have a look in the carbs. Orings were rotted, dynojet kit installed. I have found out that I know way less than i think. But more than i used to. All in all, a good character building exercise  :dash2:

FJmonkey

Quote from: Goetz on November 09, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
i just mailed my problem to california, let an expert have a look :wacko2: :wacko2: :wacko2: :wacko2:
You will be very happy with Randy's work.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Goetz

Reslved!!! Just got my carbs back from RPM. 1, they look clean enough to eat off of. Throttle response is great from get er going to kookaloo range. All i want for Christmas is an open stretch of highway! I still cant get the front end to lift much, tho. I can hit 100 mph in 3rd but no loft. (I am running +2 rear sprocket)

racerman_27410

Quote from: Goetz on December 15, 2012, 07:44:32 PM
Reslved!!! Just got my carbs back from RPM. 1, they look clean enough to eat off of. Throttle response is great from get er going to kookaloo range. All i want for Christmas is an open stretch of highway! I still cant get the front end to lift much, tho. I can hit 100 mph in 3rd but no loft. (I am running +2 rear sprocket)

long wheelbase bikes are not really wheelie prone ....and a stock fj only has maybe 110 hp (probably less) at the back wheel .

that being said the FJ will wheelie.... it just aint easy and its not going to happen without some clutch work and possibly a good strong bounce.

mine only got wheelie happy after the 1349cc Brutus engine.....then I'm on the other side and wound up taking teeth off the rear sprocket to stop it from happening when i didnt want it to.( which was all the time  :good2:)

Be careful what you wish for.....

KOokaloo!

oldktmdude

Quote from: Goetz on December 15, 2012, 07:44:32 PM
Fit a 47 tooth rear sprocket from a FZR1000 and that will solve your non-wheelie problem. Had one on for a short time after I did  the FZR wheel conversion and had no problem to loft the front end in either first or second gear. The down side was that it burnt fuel at a great rate on longer rides.   :i_am_so_happy:  Regards, Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

Goetz