News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

post carb rebuild idles find dies under load

Started by Goetz, November 01, 2012, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goetz

If the fuel level is right then i may. But that shouldnt affect the mix till later, see chart, hey refer to shroud as primary ch8ke i think.

Goetz

SlowOldGuy

Quote from: Pat Conlon on November 02, 2012, 11:20:40 AM
Ok thanks David, I thought the 84/85's were the same.....

Oh no, not by a long shot.  The '85 was a much better bike!  :-)

I think Yamaha made the swap early in the '85 model year.  I've seen at least one '85 that had unshrouded tubes and some god-awful DJ kit installed that had huge needles and 180 main jets!

The carbs on my '85 look identical to all the other years, except they had 110 mains.

DavidR.

fj11.5

speaking of #110 mains, I thought only you stateside guys got those , and us convict states got #112.5 , until I took the 89 apart , she had the tens ,,
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Goetz

The kits i ordered were supposedly for the 86 87 model year, but i see now that there was a mixnup somewhere

Goetz

:good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: it was the needle jets (e tubes) Im gonna go check the tune. Kookaloo