News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ 1100 backfiring and poor throttle response and slow rev recovery

Started by minitruckeratheart, October 23, 2012, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichBaker

Quote from: Flying Scotsman on October 30, 2012, 06:26:02 PM
Bike should idle no diferent with filters on or off.

This is correct.... There is something wrong in the carbs. You need to pull them and go thru everything, make sure chokes are clean and all passages in the bodies are clear.
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P

minitruckeratheart

I dont know if i posted all the pics of tearing down and reassembly of the carbs, but they are in pretty bad shape. i have seen another rack on flebay for pretty cheap, they may need rebuilt but it would seem as if it would be a better base then what i have now. i also got a line on a solid tank with cap for cheap. so ill proly be replacing the tank first, which it needs bad.
'92 F350 7.3idi banks turbo E40D CC LB dually-the daily
'85 FJ1100 the streetfighter project
'83 300SD stock, low end IP screw cranked-the womans daily

racerman_27410

Quote from: minitruckeratheart on October 31, 2012, 11:01:10 AM
I dont know if i posted all the pics of tearing down and reassembly of the carbs, but they are in pretty bad shape. i have seen another rack on flebay for pretty cheap, they may need rebuilt but it would seem as if it would be a better base then what i have now. i also got a line on a solid tank with cap for cheap. so ill proly be replacing the tank first, which it needs bad.

Randy has brand new complete sets of carbs ready to go.... think about it ..if someone is selling a set of carbs for cheap on ebay they you are just buying someone else's problems.....   every single piece brand new for not much money considering how much all the individual wear items cost to replace... you would have almost the cost of the carbs just in buying 4 slide diaphrams!

http://rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Carb%3AXJRCarb&cat=24

i bet your bike could use a set of these too

http://rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Carb%3AIntakeO%2DRing&cat=24

KOokaloo! (even better with new carbs and sealed up carb joints)