News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Clutch Problems!

Started by tmfarr2000, May 06, 2012, 11:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmfarr2000

Hi Folks,
   I have an '86 FJ1200, and I've got a problem. My bike wouldn't start after sitting for about a week.  I checked the fuses, and found the starter fuse blown. I replaced that fuse, and it started right up. HOWEVER, now my clutch is non-existent! It was working fine before the blown fuse. Is there a fuse for the clutch? If so, where is it located? Any help y'all could give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

terryk

Quote from: tmfarr2000 on May 06, 2012, 11:33:25 AM
Hi Folks,
   I have an '86 FJ1200, and I've got a problem. My bike wouldn't start after sitting for about a week.  I checked the fuses, and found the starter fuse blown. I replaced that fuse, and it started right up. HOWEVER, now my clutch is non-existent! It was working fine before the blown fuse. Is there a fuse for the clutch? If so, where is it located? Any help y'all could give me would be GREATLY appreciated!
The clutch fuse is located behind the clutch cover wired to friction plate 3.

No, just kidding, I do not believe there is any electrical elements to the clutvh assembly.

Sounds like clutch hydraulic system has a leak. Open the reservior and check the fluid levels. Fill, bleed ( or quick bleed by pulling and releasing handle untill little bubbles stop coming to the surface of the fluid) , check for leaks.

Mark Olson

what does non existent mean?

no tension when pulled?

pulls in but does not release?

If the fj sits on its side stand and you have a low fluid level in your master cyl and somebody pulls the clutch it will put air in the system and cause it not to work .

bleed your clutch and go from there.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

RichBaker

It might be a good idea to take a quick look at the paint on the sidecase under the slave cyl.   They have a tendency to leak and there will be a fluid trail and possibly bubbling paint if it is leaking.....
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P