News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

What are the valve clearance specs of a 1993 FJ1200 3CV?

Started by cjard, April 30, 2012, 03:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjard

I'm struggling like crazy to find a downloadable manual for my FJ; all my other yamahas I've just gone to yamahaownersmanual.com.au and downloaded it but this one.. No idea. Does anyone have a download link for a PDF that details how to strip/rebuild everything on the bike?

Failing finding a manual I figured at least someone out there would have, at some time, listed what the valve clearances are supposed to be but I couldnt find that either! Can anyone help me out with the millimeters rating for the valves? Thanks!

Harvy

Take a look at this thread mate......All you need to know about repairing diaphragms.

Cheers and wlecome here.

Harvy

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=5340.msg46579#msg46579
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

cjard

Thanks Harvy! (though it was my other thread that was referring to the carb diaphragms.. this thread's about valve clearances - any ideas on those? thanks)

cjard

Ahhh...

Finally after downloading someone's spreadsheet in the files section I've been able to determine that the following clearances apply to the FJ1200:

Exhaust: 0.16 to 0.20 mm
Inlet: 0.11 to 0.15 mm

FJmonkey

Quote from: cjard on April 30, 2012, 08:43:13 AM
Ahhh...

Finally after downloading someone's spreadsheet in the files section I've been able to determine that the following clearances apply to the FJ1200:

Exhaust: 0.16 to 0.20 mm
Inlet: 0.11 to 0.15 mm
If that was my spreadsheet, then you are welcome....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side