News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

DEAD! Marker Lights Only!!!

Started by GeekOrGuru, April 22, 2012, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flips

Hi there.

I don't believe the key should come out when ignition is on.My original 86 ignition key did not,nor does the after market round barrel key like the one Randy supplies I fitted.Sounds like its a "ware and tear" issue.

:biggrin: Harvey should have bought a lottery ticket after finding the key in the fairing! :biggrin:

Cheers :drinks:

Jeff P
Stay rubber side down.

SlowOldGuy

Quote from: GeekOrGuru on April 23, 2012, 07:57:39 PM
I just now went back and started rechecking all the connections.  When I disconnected the connectory running from the key ignition switch it looked as if it had been hot and partially melted.

Anyone have any ideas on would would have caused that one.

That's a "pretty important" connection since it turns just about everything on.  You might want to re-do the connector.  Bad/corroded connection will cause an increase in the resistance and potentially melt the connector.

Good find!  Hope that fixes it.  Nothing more frustrating than electrical problems.

Pulling the key out indicates that the key and/or pins in the lock are worn out.  Nothing serious unless the key falls out and is lost.

DavidR.