News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Removed her heart...

Started by Flynt, December 31, 2011, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynt

Quote from: axiom-r on July 22, 2012, 10:14:21 AM
Really stunning with the black frame...

...  and silver engine!  I'll post pics, maybe even tonight.

BTW - even without any tuning, WOT demonstrates this is going to be one fast FJ1350  :bye2:

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

fj11.5

aawwww the poor stang, , hope wifey takes her out to stretch the legs  :good2:    , awesome arm conversion  :yahoo:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Flynt

Quote from: Flynt on July 23, 2012, 10:27:21 AM

OK...  Here she is.  Few niggles to work through and dyno tune to get it to 100%, but she's running pretty well with the Keihins as shipped.  I plan to ride 500mi or so, then get to the dyno and dial her in.  The exhaust will blow small children over...  this thing pumps some air! 

And Randy's work is just top notch.  Look at that oil cooler and the brushed Akra...  sweet!

I have played a bit out of curiosity...  3rd gear, 70 mph, twist the wrist, you're on wheelie before your brain catches up.  I get the Kookaloo now!

Frank

BSI

Quote from: Flynt on July 26, 2012, 12:02:30 AM

OK...  Here she is.  Few niggles to work through and dyno tune to get it to 100%, but she's running pretty well with the Keihins as shipped.  I plan to ride 500mi or so, then get to the dyno and dial her in.  The exhaust will blow small children over...  this thing pumps some air! 

And Randy's work is just top notch.  Look at that oil cooler and the brushed Akra...  sweet!

I have played a bit out of curiosity...  3rd gear, 70 mph, twist the wrist, you're on wheelie before your brain catches up.  I get the Kookaloo now!

Frank

that is one awesome bike!!...congrats & well done to all involved
92' FJ1200
86' FJ1200
86' FJ1200 - just bought-not started in 2 yrs
04' Suzuki DRZ 400S - cornering on knobbies
76' Husky WR250 - bought in 81', needs lots of TLC

ribbert

Man, that is the ultimate show AND go.  I thought my '93 was pretty tidy until I saw this.

I have a spare 1219 motor that needs a rebuild and toying with a few ideas.

Was the engine water blasted and has it been clear coated?

Whose pistons are in it? (other than yours because you paid for them)

Your bike is my wish list in pictorial form, well done.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

simi_ed

I have played a bit out of curiosity...  3rd gear, 70 mph, twist the wrist, you're on wheelie before your brain catches up.  I get the Kookaloo now!

Frank
Wow Frank, that's a  beauty!  Congratulations!
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

yamaha fj rider

Awesome Love the USD forks and black frame and sliver engine. TOO COOL!!! Please post some pix of the back end.  :good2:

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Flynt

Quote from: BSI on July 26, 2012, 02:37:02 AM

that is one awesome bike!!...congrats & well done to all involved

Thanks...  I also think it's coming out nicely and am delighted to have her back.  Even with the bent parts and stock motor, I always loved riding this one and the K13S really doesn't fill her shoes in many ways.  I've still got some project in front of me with tuning the FCRs and little items to close on...  but I'm riding her again (Mark O - when is mini WCR?)!

This bike has quite the history, so I don't even know who all has been involved.  Partial List:

Marc Rittner, Marsh, Klavdy (mostly f'ing it up   :lol:), Pat the Frameman, Dave at ABT Machining, RPM Randy, Rob at Evolution Suspension, and of course George Washington (lots of George in fact).

My thanks to all as well...   :hi:

Frank

Flynt

Quote from: ribbert on July 26, 2012, 06:21:08 AM

I have a spare 1219 motor that needs a rebuild and toying with a few ideas.

Was the engine water blasted and has it been clear coated?

Whose pistons are in it? (other than yours because you paid for them)

Noel

Motor is 1349cc, big valve, ported and polished XJR head, Megacycle cams, Wiseco pistons, XJR rods, Keihin FCR39s, etc...  (Randy - feel free to add details).  It was stripped and bead blasted, then painted with VHT silver from Duracolor, with shiny bits stripped and polished (Randy's idea on the silver XJR look).

You may want to just send your spare motor stateside, Oakdale specifically, and let RPM take the lead.  I'm #3 in his list of big bore conversions and, for one, am delighted with the process and results.

Frank

racerman_27410

Quote from: Flynt on July 26, 2012, 12:02:30 AM

Frank

Yes those power wheelies are a TON of fun!

she looks great brother! Enjoy the ride  :good2:

KOokaloo!

Frank

musicman

Fantastic build! I'd like to do something like that someday, straight up awesome right there

Is that a custom exhaust? I'm digging setup too
-Steven

1985 FJ1100
1979 GS550E cafe project
2013 NC700X, 78mpg! Adventure project

Marsh White

:hi:  My hat is off to you Frank!  GREAT work!!  I can't wait to see her in person at the next WCR...

Dads_FJ

John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'92 Yamaha TDM850
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'81 Yamaha IT250(H)
'77 Yamaha IT175(D)
'39 BSA WM20

big r

That machine looks totally awesome. Excellent job!

Flynt

Quote from: musicman on July 26, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Is that a custom exhaust?

Not custom.  It is the Akra race version for the XJR1300...  Marc Rittner sourced this from Europe.  It is quite cool and well made I believe.

RPM Randy is knocking it off I believe so we can have more like it for our domestic FJ crew.

Frank