News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Removed her heart...

Started by Flynt, December 31, 2011, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj11.5

well done mate, and congrats to randy for another awesome build,, im too scared to ask how much $$$
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Flynt

There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Flynt

Quote from: Pat Conlon on March 03, 2013, 08:18:50 PM
Did they leave the cam overlap alone and just do the FCR tuning??  IIRC you have the MegaCycle street grind cams...

Yes to general tune and yes to cams.  They fooled with some stuff, but best and flattest torque was with stock overlap apparently.  I'm benefitting from big valves and the port/polish, but we have a rev thirsty motor which is not the usual FJ.  I'm delighted to have a different beast.

Frank

Mark Olson

Great job Frank, :good2:

you have taken great strides with that fj/r1 big bore beastie .

Are you happy with the out come or do you have more mods in mind?

It is a great example of upgrades to an old bike made new.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Flynt

Quote from: Mark Olson on March 04, 2013, 12:30:26 PM
Are you happy with the out come or do you have more mods in mind?

I am delighted for now and still learning what I have here exactly.  I was initially concerned that I wouldn't have enough brakes after this engine was on full boil, but I rode pretty hard yesterday and I can bring the speed down quite nicely with 1 finger.  Good to go there.

I should be happy for some time anyway, but never say never to more mods...  :wacko2: :crazy: :wacko1:

Frank

Flynt

So the Dunlop Q2 gave up the ghost...  it did wear nicely and I think I'll get more Q2s in the future.

I put on my Dunlop Roadsmarts on the bad-ass black rims.  Looks pretty good I think...

2 sets of rims is one of the nice things I was able to pick up from Rittner.  Makes life easy when your monster motor eats a tire prematurely.

Frank

FJmonkey

Quote from: Flynt on March 04, 2013, 08:12:01 PM
2 sets of rims is one of the nice things I was able to pick up from Rittner.  Makes life easy when your monster motor eats a tire prematurely.
Frank
Damn, I knew I should have kept the second FZR1000 front wheel.. :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Pat Conlon

I'm just guessing here, but, I don't think it's the front tire that the 1350 wears out...
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

fj11.5

i dont have a monster engine, but i do have black rims  :biggrin: ,, much nicer than white or perywinkle  :lol:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

movenon

Doing mine black... No rainbow perywinkle inside or out.....  :good: :good:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

rktmanfj

Black rims rock!   :good2:

I'll be interested to see what they look like on your '90, George.  Since I had three sets of black YZF600 rims already, that's what is going on my '90 project bike.
Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

craigo

Quote from: not a lib on March 05, 2013, 09:50:39 AM

I'll be interested to see what they look like on your '90, George.  Since I had three sets of black YZF600 rims already, that's what is going on my '90 project bike.

Ask and you will receive  :drinks:

And that's what a silky white looks like with black rims...

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

rktmanfj

Quote from: craigo on March 05, 2013, 09:56:33 AM
Quote from: not a lib on March 05, 2013, 09:50:39 AM

Ask and you will receive  :drinks:

And that's what a silky white looks like with black rims...

CraigO

Nice... thanks, Craig!    :good2:

The project begins as soon as I get back from Bike Week.     :yes:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

craigo

Dang Frank,

You have a beautiful bike there. I'm sure I have said so in the past, but that is gorgeous!!!!  :good:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

Flynt

Quote from: craigo on March 05, 2013, 10:23:13 AM
a beautiful bike there...

Thanks Craig.  I do have to pull myself away from just staring at it sometimes (I like it too).  Best part is I think it rides better than it looks now.  Well beyond my capabilities to exploit, but it is confidence inspiring and stable at my current pace...  and 100% fun!

It is also just a happy machine these days (wife says it should be!).  Last time I was out riding it was pointed out my HID light was not working.  I looked it over and found a fuse that looked a bit funky.  Pulled it out and cleaned it a bit and viola... let there be light!  It's so much nicer when the bike wants to work instead of wanting to break (I know...  but this bike deserves a personality).

Frank