News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

This should make a few members happier

Started by FJTillDeath, September 30, 2011, 04:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJTillDeath

Just purchased the Service manual on EBAY. It comes on the CD covering ALL the years. I know its on CD but I will print to make a hard copy. I am sure this will make my life and everybodies easier. I am still trying to find the OWNERS MANUAL cheap, but have had no luck yet.

The cd cost me 10.99$ and 5$ shipping so its not too bad. From what I know the owner manual is supposed to be a little cheaper, So I will keep looking.

I dont know when it will arrive but its on USPS priority shipping so will have to wait and see.

Next the cam chain gasket from Randy :dance2:
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

FJ111200

Don't bother with the owners manual. All it will tell you is what is in the CD you've just bought and in less detail. It won't tell you how to say change the oil and filter, just when it should be done.

FJTillDeath

Thanks, I am looking forward to everything, but this is my first ebay purchase and just worrying a bit. Its from a trusted source so I guess I just have to sit back and wait. Atleast it will be a good distraction from my upcoming exams :dash1:

Just to check though, if I didnt specify my shipping address will they take it as my billing address? I know Randys site does that(and visited that too today :yahoo:) but I just want to make sure as I said.

FJ111200

Quote from: FJt!llD3@th on September 30, 2011, 06:21:45 AM
but this is my first ebay purchase and just worrying a bit

Just to check though, if I didnt specify my shipping address will they take it as my billing address?

Don't worry mate, we all started somewhere.
Yes i think they will use your billing address, if the seller comes across a problem with it i'm sure they will email you.

Arnie

Jesse,

As I mentioned previously to you, the Yamaha Motors site has Owners Handbooks available online.
Here is the URL:    http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/index.php

They do not have the manual for the '85, but do for the '86 FJ1200.  AFAIK the only difference between them is the piston size and paint colors.

This handbook file in .pdf format is only 1.9Mb so I downloaded it.  I'll try to put it in the "Files" section for you.

Just checked the "Files" section and it is already there.  AND you are aware that it is there.  WTF ?

Arnie

FJTillDeath

Thanks Arnie, I did try to download the various manuals from the files section and from the website you had linked me to, but my work server did not allow me to download anything( connection too slow and blocked sites)

Lucky for me I travel a lot and one of the clients I was working for was generous enough to let me use their internet connection and I now have tons of info(thanks to Knuckles for all the files he has emailed)