News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Moaned at my dealer

Started by FJTillDeath, September 27, 2011, 04:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJTillDeath

In light of the recent problems I have been having I asked my dealer how much they would charge me for a cam chain gasket, they quoted me at 250rand!(no labout just the little gasket {about 60 to 70$}) :mad: :negative: :diablo:

And from what I seen that definitely isnt cheap. All things aside the dealer aint too bad a bloke with some of his prices, some others I would rather not go there. Then again if you think you were a dealer you would also be trying to make money wherever you could so I cant blame them too much
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

Arnie

Are you sure you've told him the correct part?
Part number  4FM-12213-00-00  Yamahasportsplaza lists it as $2.21
Its a simple 3 hole gasket - make it yourself from a piece of gasket material or a phone book cover.
The Valve cover gasket  5WM-11193-00-00  is pretty pricey at $63.03 from the same place.

I'd bet that Randy will have both these gaskets in stock and be much cheaper.  He'll also ship them to you amazingly quickly.  He's great to deal with.

Arnie

FJTillDeath

Yeah I am sure I gave him the correct details as I still showed him the price Randy sells them for along with a picture and he was relatively speechless. His excuse was that South Africa is kak expensive(which it is) but not by that much - I believe. And I will be utilising Randy's services in the next few months, there are some really great parts I would like to get. First gotta set up my bank account to convert my rands into dollars and do on. Not too complicating and not TOO pricy, but like I mentioned in another thread I still have about a qaurter of my bike to pay off(will take me 4 months so long as nothing comes up) so for the moment I am limited to smaller purchases

rktmanfj

Quote from: FJt!llD3@th on September 27, 2011, 09:04:36 AMFirst gotta set up my bank account to convert my rands into dollars

Many (if not all) credit cards here do that automatically... ask your bank.

FJTillDeath

Unfortunately dont have a credit card. I have s "smart" cheque account - which functions as a VISA, just never tried it on foreign currecny items.

Otherwise on my next stop at the bank I will ask them for an account credit card that can do that:)