News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Going on my first rally

Started by FJTillDeath, August 19, 2011, 01:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJTillDeath

So I am going on my very first 3 day rally this weekend in a couple hours from now actually :yahoo:

And I would like to know tips from anybody whos been there done that and designed the t-shirt

Any dos and donts, what I should have prepared for just in case?

I have already checked the bike, tire pressure and so on and will lube the chain with some q20 just before I leave.

Wish me luck :good2:
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

FJ111200

:shok:  It's customary for any rally virgin to have wild, rampant, sex with any nominated member of an outlaw motorcycle gang.

Well it is in England anyway.   So good luck and take plenty of KY jelly.    :empathy3:

FJTillDeath

Quote from: FJ111200 on August 19, 2011, 03:44:47 AM
:shok:  It's customary for any rally virgin to have wild, rampant, sex with any nominated member of an outlaw motorcycle gang.

Well it is in England anyway.   So good luck and take plenty of KY jelly.    :empathy3:

I would proclaim to be a rally virgin everytime I went then :lol:

On a suck note I have everything packed and about to head out the door and then next stop will be 50 miles out, the suck part is the weather is kak and its raining, hopefully it clears up throuh the day

rlucas

1.   Always say "please" and "fuck you".
2.   Try not to punch anyone in the mouth.
3.   Don't piss on anyone's trailer.

Seriously, it depends on the group. I'm sure there are a lot of groups that are far more regimented and organized than we are. Just go, and if you don't like it...leave. I've been going to FJ Rallies for 7 years; by the same token, there are groups here in the Chicago area (not FJ groups) that I ride with on weekends but I wouldn't attend a rally with 'em on a bet. You won't know unless you go...

-Rossi-
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

ddlewis

Quote from: rlucas on August 19, 2011, 06:27:12 AM
3.   Don't piss on anyone's trailer.

At least be discreet about it.

Rock you coming to TPTN?

FJTillDeath

Haha thanks gents will keep those pointers in mind. Im nearly there at the rally, doing well for time so I decided to stop for a bit. Lucky I have my laptop with so I can still check the forum.

Travel report so far, all smooth and clean sailing, the FJ really does well in wet weather, its really comfy but I think Ima have to invest in some vibranators as my hands feel a lil out of sorts no longer holding the bars. Unfortunately theres no place to plug my laptop but will try keep posted with my phone although I hope to upload some pics when I return on monday to work :bad:

rlucas

Quote from: ddlewis on August 19, 2011, 08:47:42 AM

At least be discreet about it.

Rock you coming to TPTN?

Nope, not gonna make it. Money's too tight. Y'all have a good time, and stay safe.

Oh, and I forgot a rule (The Naramore Rule): NO KUMBAYAH.

-Rossi-
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

FJTillDeath

So the weekend was AWESOME!

i had the oldest bike at the rally and was the 4th youngest person there!

I had tonnes of fun and even entered the FJ in a couple of the games. Namely some sprints and the loudest pipes section. Bearing in mind I have no racing experience I did fairly in the sprints, although the FJ was very pleasant to ride. I was quite shocked in that I entered the loudest pipes competition for the fun of it and the FJ actually came 4th :good2: I think I actually surprised a bit of the competition (oh and bear in mind I wasnt limiting the bike or using the kill switch.

I really wanted to try doing the burnouts but unfortunately my lack of experience in the field and also not having a second set of tyres detroured me from entering. There were 2 guys who went before me who both popped their tyres riding gixxers. The one guy carried on and split his tyre in half and actually burnt it to the exhaust and the brakes..

Unfortuntaely I was the only FJer there but I think I defintely did them proud and for my next rally I will be more prepared and show everybody what a true classic can do

I will post pictures as soon as I download them and the videos I will try to post when I figure that out-I cant use youtube because its banned at my office, any other ideas?

rktmanfj

Quote from: FJt!llD3@th on August 22, 2011, 01:40:32 AM
I will post pictures as soon as I download them and the videos I will try to post when I figure that out-I cant use youtube because its banned at my office, any other ideas?

Is photobucket allowed?

FJTillDeath

Quote from: rktmanfj on August 22, 2011, 08:51:08 AM
Quote from: FJt!llD3@th on August 22, 2011, 01:40:32 AM

Is photobucket allowed?

Yeah it is thanks for the idea, unfortunately i forgot my cable at home and my laptop doesnt have a good memory card adapter so I will only have all the pics and vids up tomorrow

FJTillDeath

Okay first some pics of the competition i was up against

This is the lady who introduced me to the rally and one of the heads of the group

FJTillDeath

this is the the cow

that this Buell

almost hit

FJTillDeath

What do honda and chickens have in common? They both have wings but cant fly :lol:..
Fortunately this one got an extra set of wings

FJTillDeath

This is a guy in the club who fell asleep on the job, we found a tube of toothpaste and decided to shine his head up a bit

FJTillDeath

This is the vid for the loudest pipes last round, the quality isnt really great. The rules were to rev the bikes without limiting or red lining - which I followed and nobody else did, note I was competing against a bunch of late model gixxers and R1s with a random Beemer in the middle I dont think i did too badly

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h410/FJTILLDEATH/?action=view&current=100_22891.mp4

The guy who one took off his slipon - a bit unfair if you ask me but hey I would rather not damage the old FJ