News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1985 FJ1100 Petcock Gasket w/ four holes.

Started by jenos713, August 03, 2011, 10:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenos713

I am in need of the gasket or a lead on where to go to get one at least. If you disassemble the petcock by removing the two small screws on the plate that says FUEL   RUN      CARBS, the switch comes off and under that there is a gasket rubber gasket with four holes in it. That is the one I need. Anyone have any ideas?

Flying Scotsman

1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

jenos713

Yeah, mine has only four holes and two are used, two help hold it in place. this may work? I am in Minnesota.

Quote from: FJ111200 on August 03, 2011, 10:58:44 AM
Like this?

http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/Petrol_Tap_Repair_Kit.-ref-11485-788-453.html 

Where are you based Jenos?

jenos713

Yeah, mine only has four holes, two to hold it in place and two for the fuel. Maybe it would work though. The other parts look right.

racerrad8

Can you give me the outer dimensions of that gasket? After seeing the picture, I have those listed in one of my suppliers catalogs. They are not listed by application, just by size.

I can get the gasket separately and as a rebuilt kit like the one listed...I just need the size.

Hopefully it is 28.5mm or 22.60mm

If you have the diaphragm out as well and you could measure that, I can see if I can get those as well.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM