News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

DIY Bead breaker

Started by ddlewis, June 19, 2011, 06:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markfj

Quote from: carsick on June 24, 2011, 01:16:35 AM
Should I air down to make it easier?

Sometimes that's the only way I can get into my riding pants.
So many projects - So little time

rktmanfj

Quote from: FJmonkey on June 23, 2011, 10:27:12 PM
OMFG!!! I am laughing and trying not to fall on the floor. Thanks for that moment of reality where one gets gets pulled back to a point/moment of venerability. At least my feet were warm on the cold wet rides...Short as they were....

I don't think those boots are ever going to have a moment of "venerability"...     :biggrin:

Randy T
Indy

carsick

Quote from: markfj on June 24, 2011, 06:35:44 AM
Quote from: carsick on June 24, 2011, 01:16:35 AM
Should I air down to make it easier?

Sometimes that's the only way I can get into my riding pants.

Oh man, you must have bought the same size as me- single x 15 years ago.

FJmonkey

Quote from: rktmanfj on June 24, 2011, 08:48:30 AM
Quote from: FJmonkey on June 23, 2011, 10:27:12 PM
OMFG!!! I am laughing and trying not to fall on the floor. Thanks for that moment of reality where one gets gets pulled back to a point/moment of venerability. At least my feet were warm on the cold wet rides...Short as they were....
I don't think those boots are ever going to have a moment of "venerability"...     :biggrin:
Randy T
Indy
I was lucky to have very few pictures taken of my wearing them, we all age and forget, time will heal my wounded ego.....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

carsick

Quote from: FJmonkey on June 24, 2011, 07:17:32 PM
I was lucky to have very few pictures taken of my wearing them, we all age and forget, time will heal my wounded ego.....

I find your request for an avatar pic to be taken at the rally and your subsequent wearing of a shocking pair of boots to be beyond mere coincidence. You sir, are an exhibitionist.
When do we get this moved to the "Hijacked Thread" category?

FJmonkey

Quote from: carsick on June 24, 2011, 07:52:41 PM
Quote from: FJmonkey on June 24, 2011, 07:17:32 PM
I find your request for an avatar pic to be taken at the rally and your subsequent wearing of a shocking pair of boots to be beyond mere coincidence. You sir, are an exhibitionist.
When do we get this moved to the "Hijacked Thread" category?
My red and White riding gear, possible exhibitionist. (better to be seen while riding than not), forgetting my riding boots at my first FJWCR ...Shameful.... :unknown:

The hijackers have fled the scene, last seen wearing a red/white/black riding suite and black (Kmart special) moon boots. Not considered dangerous, but lacking in organizational and packing the all the gear skills. If spotted, shake finger at suspect and look annoyed till suspect looks away in shame.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

rktmanfj

Quote from: FJmonkey on June 24, 2011, 08:06:07 PM

My red and White riding gear, possible exhibitionist. (better to be seen while riding than not), forgetting my riding boots at my first FJWCR ...Shameful.... :unknown:

The hijackers have fled the scene, last seen wearing a red/white/black riding suite and black (Kmart special) moon boots. Not considered dangerous, but lacking in organizational and packing the all the gear skills. If spotted, shake finger at suspect and look annoyed till suspect looks away in shame.

I also failed to pack my riding boots once... ended up riding the whole rally wearing black Nike basketball shoes with my leathers,     :empathy2:

Randy T
Indy

nvmike24

:yahoo: if it don't fit don't force it, get a bigger hammer and drive it!
Mike Sweeney
83 CB1000C, SOLD
84 FJ1100, in little pieces, for powder coating, FZR1000 Front
Fork Mod and Trans repair!
12 Road Glide Ultra

FJ Flyer

Oh yeah, you put the wide flat end against the bead, not the blunt end.   :rofl2:

Usually less than two full passes around the rim, with moderate hammering and the bead is unseated.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.