News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

a bit of fun to play with

Started by Kopfjaeger, June 05, 2011, 12:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kopfjaeger

WOOHOO... not high powered (14 HP) or even rare!! but it was my first ever bike and it will be fun to rebuild.... got 2 rolling frames and 2 and a half engines, 3 exhaust pipes and 2 mufflers, wheels plastics and 2 tanks for 500 bucks. I'm a bit happy.... beats getting married!!! :good2:

carsick

Quote from: Kopfjaeger on June 05, 2011, 12:55:19 PM
beats getting married!!! :good2:

Are you suggesting you did this instead of getting married? Or did this preclude any chance of that happening? In any case, you always remember your first.

Arnie

Quote from: Kopfjaeger on June 05, 2011, 12:55:19 PM
for 500 bucks. I'm a bit happy.... beats getting married!!! :good2:

Well, its certainly cheaper, but it won't keep you warm at night.
Then again, if you lose interest it'll sit quietly in the corner without nagging :-)

Arnie

Kopfjaeger

I'm liking the encouragement. :good2: :rofl:... yeah marriage idea died in the bum... so i bought more bikes.  :good2: now i just need the GPz900 and the Katana 750... o and maybe an Eddie Lawson replica.....or if the gods reeeeallllyyy like me..... an FZR 750

Kopfjaeger

Just for anyone who's interested. The engine in the frame has a seized piston and bottom end but the box is good, also frame and engine cases don't match. I DO !  however, have the matching cases with a good bottom end....... so it's out with the box and into the new cases, the seized piston required a 2 day soak in lanolin, followed by some BFI, but came out ok, the box looks ok, the selector drum bearing was seized, and surface rust was there, the blueing on the gear in picture is not a major worry, the fact the clutch shaft looks to have spun doesn't fill me with confidence, also need a new clutch inner basket, this one is cracked. But it's fun and keeping me occupied

gear box

Matching case numbers box, after a rough clean.

andyb

Motorcycles or marriage?  Hrm....

Motorcycles have mufflers.
Motorcycles sleep in the garage.
Motorcycles don't care if you have several motorcycles.
Motorcycles can be locked against other people riding them.
Motorcycles aren't upset when you suggest modifying them.
Motorcycles have trade-in value even when used roughly.
Motorcycles are legal to ride no matter how old they are.
Motorcycles are logical to troubleshoot when not running properly.
Gasoline is quite a lot cheaper than gold.
Motorcycles need new shoes only occasionally.

But mostly...

Motorcycles have a killswitch that won't land you in jail.

Just sayin  :nyam1:

FJmonkey

Quote from: andyb on June 08, 2011, 07:39:12 AM
Motorcycles or marriage?  Hrm....

Motorcycles have mufflers.
Motorcycles sleep in the garage.
Motorcycles don't care if you have several motorcycles.
Motorcycles can be locked against other people riding them.
Motorcycles aren't upset when you suggest modifying them.
Motorcycles have trade-in value even when used roughly.
Motorcycles are legal to ride no matter how old they are.
Motorcycles are logical to troubleshoot when not running properly.
Gasoline is quite a lot cheaper than gold.
Motorcycles need new shoes only occasionally.
But mostly...
Motorcycles have a killswitch that won't land you in jail.
Just sayin  :nyam1:
If only we knew this before we took the plunge..........
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Kopfjaeger

fj11.5

ill have an 1100 kat and any ducati made after 1987 if your buying  :flag_of_truce:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Horse

Nice one, and at a great price !  :good2:  I've had three of these little puppies over a long biking life, and I can tell you right now they are the BEST 2 stroke all rounder trail bkie I've ridden ! They are light, have a fair ammount of power, & are very reliable if looked after.  :good:  I'm now 50 years young & have bought
a 1991 model  dt( which is even better ) & I love it  :yahoo: they literally climb mountains, & can be a real little weppon in the right hands  :bye2: :bye2: Try & find an after market full exhaust for it if you can , it helps so much in the engine department. The 1978 blue model,the very firstone was the best for some reason , I think the frame geometry is different  on all the others , they just ride differently  (popcorn).
There is no great genius without some touch of madness
And Never Underestimate the Predictability of Stupidity !!