News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Bought a set of Blue Dot calipers today

Started by moparman70, May 04, 2011, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparman70

Put and lower bid on a set of blue dot calipers -- and damn it ...won.  Now I need to find the matching Master.... or not as I understand they will work without the 14mm from some of the posts.

Maybe I will have them on in time for WCR...

Steve

1tinindian

Quote from: moparman70 on May 04, 2011, 11:47:37 AM
Put and lower bid on a set of blue dot calipers -- and damn it ...won.  Now I need to find the matching Master.... or not as I understand they will work without the 14mm from some of the posts.

Maybe I will have them on in time for WCR...

Steve

Do yourself a favor and get the right master cylinder.
Mine came from an 2004 FZ6.
By using this you avoid the urine cup and gain a real nice adjustable lever.
http://fjowners.com/gallery/646_03_07_10_11_24_54_5.jpeg
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

craigo

You go Steve,

Now you remember we had a discussion about these.  You knew you needed to get a FJR or equivalent MS for this set up.  But I know that I need to a set of these as well.  SOON!!!!  :crazy:

Again, great ride with you the other day.  Want to hook up again and do it all over.  S W E E T !!!  :good2:

Cya,

CraigO
90FJ1200
CraigO
90FJ1200

racerman_27410

FZ1 master cylinder will work also.

KOokaloo!

moparman70

OK on the MC --- I am waiting on the seller to see if he has one from the bike I am getting the calipers from ....if not this one didnt sell so I will contact them  -- I dont think the link will work as the auction ended but the description is from a 01 Yamaha Fazer FZS1000 FZ1 FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER.... so should be good the pic looks the similar as far as I can tell from the shot

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190527695051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks all

moparman70

Blue dot caliper upgrade complete - test ride went well.  Thanks to CraigO for the tips on bleeding.  I had installed all the parts on Wednesday but had no luck with the bleeding. Completed the task today with better results.   I replaced all the crush washers per Craig and purchased a bleeder helper as well.  All helped but I think I got the most air out by just pushing back on the caliper pistons.  It blew a lot of bubbles back through and up the master.  After that I slowly began getting pressure until done.

I like the adjustment on the lever as for the feel of the brakes I will have to wait and see.  I don't seem to stop any faster but I think I get more immediate action and better feel but I really only went on a short ride.

thanks for all the postings as well

Steve

craigo

Steve,

You are welcome and glad I could help.  I got the crush washer tip from Pat, but the "pushing the air back up through the master by pumping the pucks in the caliper" trick is something I learned by bleeding the clutch.  The bleeder tool I picked up to do the rear brake on my GSXR wheel mod.  Worked great for me.

Wish I could find some time to do my brakes.  They just sit in a box by the bike mocking me.

Ride Tuesday?  North county/Palomar or do you want to do the 94 to Buckman Springs, over the Sunrise Hwy route?  Maybe I should just stay home and do the brakes???  NAW!!!  I get one day every other week to ride.  The OEMs will just have to do it for now.

Cya,

CraigO

CraigO
90FJ1200