News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Engine starts and runs fine but......

Started by JohnW, January 23, 2011, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeholzer

...Too bad a few bystanders couldn't help push, eh? Always trouble when a camera is rolling.

That's what I was thinking. My friends would have gladly helped me push my bike up a loading ramp. Not counting the camera operator I counted 12 people lurking about, watching this fool attempt to launch his bike into a U-Haul. Five of them were right alongside the loading ramp. Help a brother out!

Potato-potato-potato-potato-potato-potato....

andyb

Anyone bright enough to try to ride that big thing up a ramp like that... I'd stand and watch too!    :rofl:

JohnW

Quote from: gp1 on January 25, 2011, 01:54:25 PM
hi johnw
i would say your control diode in the diode block for the clutch and side stand has failed,
as the fuel solenoid is also powered up via the side stand relay to the relay unit then to the the solenoid.
i had the same problem on my bike where the clutch safety was no working and would start in gear.

hopes this helps
gp1
I checked the diode block and it's ok, but it sounds like the side stand relay could be the problem. That would be ok because it's available and not too expensive.

Kopfjaeger

just curious... have had previous bikes that did all sorts of funky stuff...( mainly not work).. due to the wires to the side stand sensor connections rotting away....if this is the problem with your bike john w id be interested to see if anyone else has had issues with the side stand sensor.... fore warned is fore armed and we could all use four arms...never have had a problem with forgetting clutch when starting like yourself dan... mines forgetting to pull the clutch in when i need to brake in a hurry... did it about a month ago... ended up stopped at the beggining of a roundabout with the rear wheel in the left lane and the front in the right!! makes a few good banging sounds let me tell you!!! i ... ummm..  remeber these days... or i try to... one of them two.... :good: