News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Oil Filter list

Started by CodyNKR, April 07, 2009, 05:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodyNKR

Hi ya'll.....time to change the oil in the scooter and I always go to the list for the oil filters that I can use that's on the YahooFJ list. Well of course I can't find it....so will someone share with me oil filter numbers for an '89. I have the spin on adapter, but am not going to use it just yet, saving it. Or send me the link for that file with all the reference numbers on it.

As always THANKS! and 32 more days till I pull out of my yard headed to BOONE!!!

NancyK

jvb_ca

Hi Nancy.
I am also ready to do the first oil/filter change of the season. Here in Ontario its snowing like crazy, but the FJ is now in the garage, so its time.
I have the spin on filter adapter, so I can I only give you what I am using. Last year I used Amzoil filters and am very happy with them. They are a nice shiny black that look stock. I will be picking a couple of them up this week to get me through this season. They are a little pricier than other filters, but I figure my FJ is worth it.
Oh ya..they are "EAO20" filters. I believe they are the stock filter for certain Honda Accords. I am sure Ed will chime in with proper cross reference info.

Cheers..Jake
Snowy Ontario...Brrrrrr
Cheers...Jake
86FJ1200
Ontario

markmartin

Nancy, If I understand your question correctly, you have NOT installed the spin on adapter and are looking for the original FJ oil filter (exposed paper element type).   If this is correct,  I use a PS4937 from NAPA.  This was cross referenced from the Yamaha OEM # .  Hope that helps.

Mark Martin
'89
Hampden Maine

rvnmaniac

Hi Nancy:

=OEM OIL FILTERS for all models are the same. The FRAM number is ch6006,
NAPA # is 4937
"GO RAVENS"

scapello

What is the benefit of the screw on adapter? Is it just for easier changes or???

Steffen
Steffen

'89 FJ1200
'76 CB750Four
'74 RD250

RichBaker

Easier oil change, you don't have to worry about getting the wires caught and making a mess on start-up. Plus, if you run the Purolator filter, it increase capacity a bit...
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P

scapello

I just did the first oil change today and have been smelling it for the next twenty miles. That design makes it very hard to keep oil off the exhaust. Where does one get the adapter?

Steffen
Steffen

'89 FJ1200
'76 CB750Four
'74 RD250

new owner

Hi folks. 85 FJ here. Just wondering is there a number for the spin oil filter conversion or is it as simple as spinning on the new filter? Sorry if this a dumb  :wacko3: but just got my bike day before yesterday and want to make sure it's good to go.

Thanks,

new owner(Jamie)

racerrad8

Steffen & Jamie,
            I have the spin on oil filter adapter in stock. It is $45.95 plus shipping. You can then use a threaded oil filter with a 20mm X 1.5 thread pitch. You can find some of the other parts I have in the Vendors section of this website.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

new owner

Hi, what does the adapter look like, do you take PayPal, who makes it?

thanks,

new owner (Jamie)

racerrad8

I will post a picture in the gallery. I had them made. Sorry no paypal, contact me for ordering/payment arraignments.

rpm@swaybar.com

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

the fan

Randy, here are the pics that you sent me a while back.

Dan Filetti

Man, that paint off right behind the slave cylinder just 'screams' I need/ needed (if fixed) a new slave cylinder -or at least a re-build....

Fond FJ memories.... Good times... :)

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

racerrad8

Yep,
        Hard to believe. That was one of the biggest reasons the previous owner sold both of his bikes. They both had the same issue, along with several other minor issues that allowed me to pick them up for me and the missus. A $19.00 rebuild kit in both of them and we were on the road.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

vulcanbill