News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Nice FJ - Anyone see this full belly pan and swing arm before?

Started by 86FJNJ, October 14, 2024, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

86FJNJ

Curious if anyone has seen this full length belly pan and swing arm before? Saw this pic on Pinterest appears to be from Germany.

RPM - Robert

It's a Harris race bike chassis, I believe. They weren't too many made and if/when you find one they are a pretty penny.

86FJNJ

Quote from: RPM - Robert on October 14, 2024, 03:11:40 PMIt's a Harris race bike chassis, I believe. They weren't too many made and if/when you find one they are a pretty penny.
Thanks, looks so good I had to ask!

red

Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

86FJNJ

Quote from: red on October 14, 2024, 05:28:47 PM86FJNJ,

Not mine, dang it!

Very nice! What year is that? I like the full lower fairing. I was just in Salt Lake too bad I didn't see this on the road.

red

86FJNJ,

Image comes from a YouTube video. He says it is a 1986, with the rare Lockhart lower fairing.

Not sure you could still find that lower fairing now.
I believe the custom fairing caused the engine to overheat, but I have no experience with that.
You could probably let in more air, if necessary.
Sure looks good to me.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

86FJNJ

Quote from: red on Yesterday at 02:57:58 AM86FJNJ,

Image comes from a YouTube video. He says it is a 1986, with the rare Lockhart lower fairing.

Not sure you could still find that lower fairing now.
I believe the custom fairing caused the engine to overheat, but I have no experience with that.
You could probably let in more air, if necessary.
Sure looks good to me.
I like the full length belly pan on the harris bike, I could do without the full side panels and yes I could see how the side panels retain heat, likely ok for fall/spring riding but def not summer. Maybe after I get my bike running I do a winter project and fabricate one myself out of fiberglass and bondo.